Building of Crash

Well, no big updates. Crash has been very temperamental. Anyone who knows me I've owned way more jeeps than i should. Crash has been a major PITA ever since i bought him. From finding out he was in a head on collision before i owned him (carfax was clean when i bought it), to dealing with the previous owners obvious lack of maintenance. Im battling the urge to say F it and trade him in. Im taking one thing at a time to try to correct all the problems I'm having with him.

What should of been a small project, turned into a huge one today as i fought with a simple task of centering my steering wheel. Whoever lifted crash before i had him, cross threaded the sleeve on my draglink making it damn near impossible to twist and correct my steering wheel. An entire bottle of wd40 and a pipe wrench seemed to do the trick. I absolutely cross threaded the draglink more, but at least my steering wheel is centered [emoji136]🏼

My new problem I'm having is, while driving, my speedo needle will slam to 0 and my abs, hill assist, and brake light flash and the jeep beeps at me. With the advice from steve(cozdude) i traced this problem to hopefully the negative terminal on the battery. The 3.6s have this stupid clip design and all the bolts on the battery terminal are tight, but the clip itself around the terminal is still fairly loose. Im thinking either rig some kind of shim in there to tighten it up, or bite the bullet and buy a new clip from the stealership. Hoping Adam will chime in as steve informed me he had a similar problem.

Well, no big updates. Crash has been very temperamental. Anyone who knows me I've owned way more jeeps than i should. Crash has been a major PITA ever since i bought him. From finding out he was in a head on collision before i owned him (carfax was clean when i bought it), to dealing with the previous owners obvious lack of maintenance. Im battling the urge to say F it and trade him in. Im taking one thing at a time to try to correct all the problems I'm having with him.

What should of been a small project, turned into a huge one today as i fought with a simple task of centering my steering wheel. Whoever lifted crash before i had him, cross threaded the sleeve on my draglink making it damn near impossible to twist and correct my steering wheel. An entire bottle of wd40 and a pipe wrench seemed to do the trick. I absolutely cross threaded the draglink more, but at least my steering wheel is centered [emoji136]🏼

My new problem I'm having is, while driving, my speedo needle will slam to 0 and my abs, hill assist, and brake light flash and the jeep beeps at me. With the advice from steve(cozdude) i traced this problem to hopefully the negative terminal on the battery. The 3.6s have this stupid clip design and all the bolts on the battery terminal are tight, but the clip itself around the terminal is still fairly loose. Im thinking either rig some kind of shim in there to tighten it up, or bite the bullet and buy a new clip from the stealership. Hoping Adam will chime in as steve informed me he had a similar problem.

Damn, sorry to hear of all the troubles Greg. I've hated those damn battery terminals since I got my jeep. Maybe a shim will take the edge off for the time being?...something conductive...aluminum foil folded up?

Damn, sorry to hear of all the troubles Greg. I've hated those damn battery terminals since I got my jeep. Maybe a shim will take the edge off for the time being?...something conductive...aluminum foil folded up?

Yeah i would be nervous of doing that if it was the hot side but since its the negative, i may do that for the time being

Midas well keep this going, just ordered the shims or the battery terminal, if that doesn't work right, ill look into just cutting off the factory clip and finding new clamps for the wires.

While i was on a roll, i ordered a set of the fairly new Rancho 5000X's for my leveling kit to give me A LOT more down travel. Those factory Rubi shocks were really limiting the performance of this leveling kit on my light weight 2 door. With these new shocks, ill gain close to 3.5" of down travel front and rear. All measurements were taken appropriately as to not unseat my coils.

Midas well keep this going, just ordered the shims or the battery terminal, if that doesn't work right, ill look into just cutting off the factory clip and finding new clamps for the wires.

While i was on a roll, i ordered a set of the fairly new Rancho 5000X's for my leveling kit to give me A LOT more down travel. Those factory Rubi shocks were really limiting the performance of this leveling kit on my light weight 2 door. With these new shocks, ill gain close to 3.5" of down travel front and rear. All measurements were taken appropriately as to not unseat my coils.

Good stuff Greg!

Good stuff Greg!

Thanks ryan! Im trying to fall in love with this jeep again lol ran into a problem while taking my shocks off at lunch. Note to self, when installing lower shock bolts, face nut and exposed threads to the inside of the tire. My bolt is F'd and had to cross thread the nut to even get it back on. Damn rockrash from all the curbs at the mall. Gonna spin that bolt around with these ranchos, hopefully i have no problems on rubbing the inside sidewall of the tire.

chicken bbq

Yes please!

Top Bottom