Building rock sliders, 2 door pic request (so that I can rip off EVO)

JAGS

Hooked
:cheesy: Just had a member let me know that this clown is still making these rip off rocker guards. Here are some of the pics he sent. Oh baby, check out them quality welds....

View attachment 75499

View attachment 75500

View attachment 75501

Throw some bondo on there, bedline it and nobody will even know how crappy these really are :thumb:

Wow. That looks like what my welds would be. And I admittedly don't know about welding and could do that same quality or better. This guy is a straight up Jack.

- Jason

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not only remember but was told by the man himself about the use of bondo and gatorhide..

You mean "gay-to-hide" :cheesy:

Seriously, I think what was worse is when the fanboys try to come on and defend the use of bondo to hide the crappy River Raider welds. Simply unbelievable. :crazyeyes:

David1tontj

You have got to be kidding me!! This is just sad!! How hard is it to hold a tube up to the side of your jeep and simply decide what looks best???!! If it looks too long- CUT IT SHORTER!!! It's not that hard!!! And if he is going to be selling them, why can't he even invest in a 150 dollar pipe bender from harbor freight?? I have built all kinds of stuff with one of those crappy benders!

My apologies to Off Road Evolution for having to deal with this tool who doesn't have any tools (despite his giant toolbox)

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

SDG

Caught the Bug
I guess he should have bought something better than the harbor freight welder... needs something that goes to 11.

jeeeep

Hooked
wow, I haven't touched a welder in over 30 years but have been practicing (tired of running to the muffler shop or waiting for portable welding guys to show up on time) and I have to say my welds look crap but not that crap...it thought he claimed he or his business partner was a welder for many years??
wonder if I could just solder up some rock rails and advertise them as engineered to flow with a hit so they'll never get damaged! :cheesy:

Top Bottom