Building rock sliders, 2 door pic request (so that I can rip off EVO)

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I apparently didn't read the entire thread. My bad on that one. I did not see that the guy was looking for information to copy Evo for his own financial gain.
In that respect I obviously do not condone his actions.
If he had been some young guy maybe starting out in a metal fab career or hobbyist, and was simply looking for some ideas for sliders built for his own rig alone. I'm not cool with someone directly copying a design. True inspiration is one thing. A rip off is a rip off period.
So again, I want to make it clear that after now realizing his intent. I absolutely do not condone those actions and I hope that he is shut down.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Agreed. I'm glad I finished reading it. At first I thought he was just someone who couldn't afford the sliders but could fab up a set for himself, so whatever, I had no idea he was going to mass produce them and profit from it. That is definitely a douche move.

sean.m.adams33

I'm glad this guy was found out. I think the saying "imitation is a form of flattery" doesn't apply in this situation. I for one do not have evo sliders but considering changing over to them constantly. If you can't afford them, save up.

Hack12

Even if his only intention was to use them personally, which it clearly was not, the mere act of asking for exact measurements leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Bad form.

However, all that is moot because, as we are all aware, on the scumbag scale of life, this guy was an 11.

Last edited:

TrailBear

I didn't even look at this thread till last night when I saw the asshat avatar, what a scum bag move . At first he acts like they are way over priced and out of reach for someone on a budget, I think EVO has them priced to where anyone can afford them. The only reason I didn't put them on my rig was simply I wanted to do the install my self, which I could do with the lod's.
Building your own if you have the skills and tools is all about making something your own, by you, your way. But to make an exact copy..... And to try hiding the fact you own a fab shop is a whole new level of dickness.
So out of curiosity I went over to the other forum and did a search of his posts there to see if he tried this move there. Well I did find him looking for the same info on the sliders, and he has a thread looking for the dimensions of the evo corners, as well as the evo rock skins. What a tool, asshat, and a total douch bag.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Since the EVO boys are in this thread....is there any way you guys would consider making your sliders in bolt on flavor? Im sure a lot of peeps would love to run your sliders that don't live near rock heaven like you guys have out west. Pretty please!!!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Glad to see him go and be banned for this, at first I thought he was just going to make them for himself, never knew about the fab shop part. Sad he had to ask for exact measurements on everything as well, why not just look at pics to where they mount, and figure it out yourself.

Armydog

Glad to see him go and be banned for this, at first I thought he was just going to make them for himself, never knew about the fab shop part. Sad he had to ask for exact measurements on everything as well, why not just look at pics to where they mount, and figure it out yourself.

Agreed. Figure out yourself=creativity. Copy exact dimensions=scumbag. Even the Chinese counterfeit companies would have bought a few genuine items from EVO so they could copy them.....

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:cheesy: Just had a member let me know that this clown is still making these rip off rocker guards. Here are some of the pics he sent. Oh baby, check out them quality welds....

10148524_10152288079958416_97043331_o.jpg

10148742_10152288080493416_737794300_o.jpg

10149673_10152288080138416_524259743_o.jpg

Throw some bondo on there, bedline it and nobody will even know how crappy these really are :thumb:

BBG

Oh haha what crapmanship ........ I just dropped off a load of his work in the bathroom just now. .... cheesy

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BBG

Hey now...I plan on attaching my C gussets with bubble gum when I get them.

Or ask Mel to send you over a step by step video on how to make his own product them put your name on it. .:what:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Or ask Mel to send you over a step by step video on how to make his own product them put your name on it. .:what:

I would, but first I'd go behind his back and ask members of the forum to get specs off of their EVO product for me. Even though I know ORE is a member here.

bigtrucker52

:cheesy: Just had a member let me know that this clown is still making these rip off rocker guards. Here are some of the pics he sent. Oh baby, check out them quality welds....

View attachment 75499

View attachment 75500

View attachment 75501

Throw some bondo on there, bedline it and nobody will even know how crappy these really are :thumb:

That's pretty bad welding. That ain't crap compared to the real deal though

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom