Building rock sliders, 2 door pic request (so that I can rip off EVO)

Who cares if someone wants to make a similar item for their own rig? If that person has the means and skill to do so. Have at it. Not many people can. Now if they are trying to copy a product and sell it that is a different story. Just my two cents.
On the other hand I wouldn't advertise that my intent was to copy someone else's product, but rather use their product as an idea for my own personal concept.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

1. Just because someone has the skill set to do something does not mean they have the right to do it.

2. If you read through this entire thread you'd realize that copying and selling it seemed to be his EXACT intentions.

3. He was using the product as an idea? Oh, you mean like the type of ideas Milli Vanilli and Shia Labeouf had!

Who cares if someone wants to make a similar item for their own rig? If that person has the means and skill to do so. Have at it. Not many people can. Now if they are trying to copy a product and sell it that is a different story. Just my two cents.
On the other hand I wouldn't advertise that my intent was to copy someone else's product, but rather use their product as an idea for my own personal concept.

First, did you even read the thread? He is opening a fab shop.

Second, make something your own or pay someone for their hard work. Copying under the guise of "I can't afford the original" is pretty lame in my book. Monkeys copy, humans create.

This guy intended to make an exact copy, otherwise why couldn't he just walked out to his own Jeep and taken some measurements. For a fab shop, they are not going to make it if they can't use a measuring tape.

I personally like the design of the EVO sliders and would love to have some, but I also enjoy the satisfaction of making my own stuff. I have a design in mind that was inspired by the EVO, but will not be a copy by any means. In the end however, they will look similar.

Am I wrong here to do this? There are only so many ways you can make a slider before it will have to look the same to someone else's design. Look at LOD and JCR. Both make great sliders and both look very similar. A piece of round tube welded to a piece of square tube. How can you make sliders at home without copying a simple design that is already mainstream?

There is no skill in stealing someone else's ideas.

First, did you even read the thread? He is opening a fab shop.

Second, make something your own or pay someone for their hard work. Copying under the guise of "I can't afford the original" is pretty lame in my book. Monkeys copy, humans create.

Agree, I didn't have the money to buy a set of EVO sliders, nor do I truly need them. Even though I can't afford them but have the tools and know how to make my own, I'm not searching high and low for dimensions on a product that is built and sold by a sponsor of the forum I'm searching on, only to copy the product and sell it for my own financial gain. If I don't have the money to buy a product, but really need the product, I either do without for a while and save, or search craigslist for something that will get me by until I have the money. That's how I ended up with the OE Rubicon rails I have on my JKU, they do everything I need for the time being.

Can someone explain to me how someone can afford to open up an offroad fab shop but they can't afford a set of EVO sliders? Exactly how much are evo sliders? :D On a side note, I think the EVO sliders are the sexiest around, I just wish they made a bolt on set for us non-rockbashing financed vehicle crowd. :(

What a shame. There must be something in the air lately. All of these asshats going off the deep end. Holeshot made a nice front bumper but after a second thought I actually think he copied PSC. Actually he admits he copied PSC brawler but made it a mid width.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=1860

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394324425.837179.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394324433.893381.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394324441.633779.jpg

Looks like he made it his life's work to copy products that have had tons of money invested in R&D. What a douche. Here he "designed" some rocker skins.... Look familiar? He even admits to being "inspired" by EVO.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394324518.977116.jpg

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=5787

Read into his posts a bit he sure like to use the "can't afford" line quite a bit to justify ripping off people's designs. Grade A Asshat!!

What a shame. There must be something in the air lately. All of these asshats going off the deep end. Holeshot made a nice front bumper but after a second thought I actually think he copied PSC. Actually he admits he copied PSC brawler but made it a mid width.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=1860

View attachment 72590View attachment 72591View attachment 72592

Looks like he made it his life's work to copy products that have had tons of money invested in R&D. What a douche. Here he "designed" some rocker skins.... Look familiar? He even admits to being "inspired" by EVO.

View attachment 72593

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=5787

Read into his posts a bit he sure like to use the "can't afford" line quite a bit to justify ripping off people's designs. Grade A Asshat!!

Wow, just wow. Can't say I'm surprised though after reading through his comments.

so all i can really say is WOW! I will be sure and share this thread with a couple of my friends in fullerton...

the world is a crazy crazy place...

I just wish I could delete my post at the beginning of the thread about congratulating him on building his own sliders. :asshat:

Top Bottom