Bushings

wvjeepin

Ball joints are still good,
Had to replace the passenger side outside tie rod end, jks track bar was delivered today, so ill be installing it tomorrow, polyurethane upper control arm bushings ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371136456.247709.jpg were ordered and will be in tomorrow, and have to get an alignment.......

Hopefully tomorrow the dreadful death wobble will go away after everything is complete

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did you check your ball joints as instructed? If not, how did you determine they were in fact in good condition? You can change out all your control arm bushings but, I doubt they'll fix your DW if that's really what you have. Just to be sure, you are experiencing a violent shaking of the entire vehicle and to the point where it will not stop until you bring it to a near stop?

wvjeepin

Did you check your ball joints as instructed? If not, how did you determine they were in fact in good condition? You can change out all your control arm bushings but, I doubt they'll fix your DW if that's really what you have. Just to be sure, you are experiencing a violent shaking of the entire vehicle and to the point where it will not stop until you bring it to a near stop?

Yep violant shaking and won't stop til I bring it to a stop. But my buddy just looked at it in his shop. He looked over the ball joints, he said they are fine

MY :twocents: I would replace the ball joints. I had The big DW. The only way I could get rid of it was to replace the ball joints, tie rod ends, drag link ends.

if you have a bad tie rod and good ball joints, with a good case of DW you will take out the ball joints. and vice versa. :icon_crazy:

DW is very very expensive to get rid of. :naw:

wvjeepin

MY :twocents: I would replace the ball joints. I had The big DW. The only way I could get rid of it was to replace the ball joints, tie rod ends, drag link ends.

if you have a bad tie rod and good ball joints, with a good case of DW you will take out the ball joints. and vice versa. :icon_crazy:

DW is very very expensive to get rid of. :naw:

What kinda ball joints would you recommend? I guess I'll replace those too then, I just don't want dw anymore

rinkishjk

Long day... Here it is. I bought two, but only did the pass side for now.
That's #52060138AA.

Attachments

• 1371163120465.jpg
    1371163120465.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 1371163177539.jpg
    1371163177539.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 1371163202432.jpg
    1371163202432.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 51
What size of tire are you running? When I went to 37's I switched to synergy ball joints. 200 for all 4.
The stock ones give out to easy.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What kinda ball joints would you recommend? I guess I'll replace those too then, I just don't want dw anymore

Alloy USA and Synergy are the same joints and I think the prior costs a tad less. If you want a set that'll last forever, I would recommend Dynatrac ProSteers. They are pricey but well worth it.

wvjeepin

Alloy USA and Synergy are the same joints and I think the prior costs a tad less. If you want a set that'll last forever, I would recommend Dynatrac ProSteers. They are pricey but well worth it.

What is pricey? Like 100.00 bucks for a pair?

wvjeepin

It's about double the cost of Alloy USA or Synergy but, they'll be the last set you'll ever need to get.

Okay....ill look into that, hey so I'm replacing the upper control arm bushings.... Air hammered out the metal sleeve....the new bushings I got didn't come with the metal sleeves, so I'm like wtf do I do?!? I'm kinda up shots creek without a paddle ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371232673.207000.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371232695.379915.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay....ill look into that, hey so I'm replacing the upper control arm bushings.... Air hammered out the metal sleeve....the new bushings I got didn't come with the metal sleeves, so I'm like wtf do I do?!? I'm kinda up shots creek without a paddle View attachment 35200 View attachment 35202

The metal sleeves only come on bonded rubber bushings - the key words being "bonded rubber" as they are bonded to the metal sleeves. Polyurethane bushings like these will not have them.

wvjeepin

The metal sleeves only come on bonded rubber bushings - the key words being "bonded rubber" as they are bonded to the metal sleeves. Polyurethane bushings like these will not have them.

Ok so what do I do? Do I need the metal sleeve to install the poly bushings? Only reason I ask is because there is a lot of moving back a fourth on the axle bracket where the bushing goes

Top Bottom