Bushings

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok so what do I do? Do I need the metal sleeve to install the poly bushings? Only reason I ask is because there is a lot of moving back a fourth on the axle bracket where the bushing goes

Not sure there's even such a thing. Of course, I've never run poly bushings on my JK so I couldn't say for sure. For the most part, you just install them and go. I have never really found them to be a good fit and between that and them squeaking like a banshee, I prefer not to use them.

rinkishjk

Fwiw the stock bushings I posted work great, and fit tight Into the bore. U have to hammer them in.
Also Currie makes a kit to replace those bushings with flex joints. It's about 160$ though last I checked.
I would have saved my money on that kit u bought.

wvjeepin

Not sure there's even such a thing. Of course, I've never run poly bushings on my JK so I couldn't say for sure. For the most part, you just install them and go. I have never really found them to be a good fit and between that and them squeaking like a banshee, I prefer not to use them.

You know of any one that might know

wvjeepin

Have you tried calling the manufacturer of the bushings? If anyone would know, I would hope that they would. Just a thought :idontknow:

Yep, they said they just sell the bushings and no sleeves, I've been researching it too, and Connor find anything not even a install video
For the poly bushing

wvjeepin

Have you tried calling the manufacturer of the bushings? If anyone would know, I would hope that they would. Just a thought :idontknow:

Well everything is installed, pain the the ass installing the bushings, but everything is installed and ready to go get aligned. Later I'll switch out those ball joints ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371319153.990246.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371319196.684032.jpg

wvjeepin

Don't know exact, replaced all front upper and lower control arm bushings, track bar, tie rod......the thing that was in the worst shape was the upper control arm bushings, but the track bar was next in line

Top Bottom