Bye Bye Wayalife

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
This situation was unfortunate. We all looked askance at his comments based on our own perspective.

With 33s, mostly flat roads, and spending a lot of time in 70MPH zones, my aggregate mileage is not 20. More like 15’ish on a good day.

If I truck along at 50, I’ll see 19, brushing 20 sometimes on a country road. That’s still not an aggregate tank mileage though.

It would have been useful if the OP had shared: On China National Highways (which are not expressways), a common speed limit is 80 km/h (50 mph). In some localities, speed limits may drop to 40 km/h (25 mph).

If he spends his days on CNH then I could buy very high teens, though 20 is still hard to imagine given a need to swallow during acceleration. I don’t live in that range so I have no frame of reference.

Good chance he wasn’t full of BS. Just we all (me too) made assumptions. Shame the OP didn’t think about any of this.

Who knows. Could’ve had a better outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oreo_penguin536

We will continue to weed out the weak. If you’re that sensitive, post elsewhere. Maybe your journal?

My journal isn’t even that sensitive....I have a pair of bitch mittens in my truck for your hands if the comments are too cold for ya;)

Guys but seriously stop yelling...: you might hurt his feelings..he’s sensitiff

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Yep, same here. 250 on a tank is do able but better have already found a station close.

Same here. I use the flashpaq and have tried each setting. I didn't notice any change in mpg but the shift points did seem different on the 91 setting which is currently my favorite setting. I even upgraded to a CAI and new muffler system but I still didn't notice any change. I still would do it again but not for mpg gains. I get on average 14-15 mpg with 35s and I do alot of city driving below 60. I'm on fumes at 280 miles.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This situation was unfortunate. We all looked askance at his comments based on our own perspective.

With 33s, mostly flat roads, and spending a lot of time in 70MPH zones, my aggregate mileage is not 20. More like 15’ish on a good day.

If I truck along at 50, I’ll see 19, brushing 20 sometimes on a country road. That’s still not an aggregate tank mileage though.

It would have been useful if the OP had shared: On China National Highways (which are not expressways), a common speed limit is 80 km/h (50 mph). In some localities, speed limits may drop to 40 km/h (25 mph).

If he spends his days on CNH then I could buy very high teens, though 20 is still hard to imagine given a need to swallow during acceleration. I don’t live in that range so I have no frame of reference.

Good chance he wasn’t full of BS. Just we all (me too) made assumptions. Shame the OP didn’t think about any of this.

He said he averaged 70mph. Read.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Straight from the OP. 70 mph. If he claimed he got 18 mpg, I may have bought it, based on differences in terrain and driving styles, but 20 mpg?? No way.

IMG_1006.jpg

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
I just returned home from a 4hr trip... stock 17 JKUR Auto with 31” BFG muds and 4.10’s... I read this post at 4:00am when I pulled away from the Dunes and reset my mpg... with a few minor hill climbs and running at speeds between 60 - 80mph ... I pulled in my driveway with a reading of 17.6... Once I start city driving, that will drop close to 15.

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
He said he averaged 70mph. Read.

Sure enough. I just reread it. Obviously missed it this morning. Thx.

I know I've never seen 20 @ 70. I note he's removed the air dam (more drag) plus the tires. 20's a dream, unfortunately.

Unless it's a long downhill, wind behind my back, both directions.

duktrx

I got 27 mpg last April when driving to Reno from Portland. Did I forget to mention the 70 mph sustained wind. One point I think I actually took my foot of the gas. Coming back I had it floored and felt lucky to get 9 mpg. That was with 33s and 3.73 and a manual transmission. Now with 35s best I've seen was 17, all freeway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
You guys are all mean. I regularly get 20 mpg going 70 on my JKU with 40s and 5.38 gearing. It's very easy actually. I pull it onto the trailer and hook it up to the Cummins tow rig. Done. :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
You guys are all mean. I regularly get 20 mpg going 70 on my JKU with 40s and 5.38 gearing. It's very easy actually. I pull it onto the trailer and hook it up to the Cummins tow rig. Done. :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lol. That’s about the only way to do it, and btw, for anyone stumbling across this, I didn’t say anything to be mean. I didn’t want the guy that started the SuperChips thread to think he was buying a magic part, that would mystically increase gas mileage.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Lol. That’s about the only way to do it, and btw, for anyone stumbling across this, I didn’t say anything to be mean. I didn’t want the guy that started the SuperChips thread to think he was buying a magic part, that would mystically increase gas mileage.

Oh I know. I see posts like that all the time in local fb groups here... I’m getting 22mpg with 35s or 37s. Suuuurrreee you are, I got 15 tops when it was stock!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Immediately after I put the 3” lift with 35s on the ‘14 Sahara with 3.21 gears, I reset the monitor and drove 1.5 hours to my parents for the weekend. The best I could get out of it at an avg of 60-65mph was 17.8mpg. In my normal day-to-day driving that dipped to below 16mpg and in my current Rubicon (3” lift, same 35s) the best I can do is about 15.5 at around the same hwy speeds. I idle so much at work my actual avg is below 14.

Last edited:

DESH

So rescue had to come to the house. I advise NOT attempting the special additive to the tank unless you check size first......I’m scarred for life!!!

Top Bottom