CALAMITY JANE : 1974 Jeep CJ5 Renegade

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Awesome find! Thats the year of jeep that started it all for me 25 years ago! So many memories. My favorite year beside my current 16'.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Slick....I bet you have it looking like it did on the Showroom Floor before long.....

:eek: :cheesy: :shock: Don't know about that but we're gonna try and do what we can. While we can do body work, we're just okay at it. :crazyeyes:

That's so awesome! I bet that warn still works better after all these years then a brand new Chinese winch!

LOL!! That's for damn sure :D

WOW, you're lucky. Looks to be an incredible find. Good luck with the build!

Thanks! We're super excited about it :yup:

A buddy of mine has a pretty well built cj5. Has a leaf spring suspension and metal cloak armor. Definitely lots that can be done!

72-75 is a bit tough to find parts for but we'll see what we can do. :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great Find Eddie and Cindy!

The winch is actually a model M8074, there is no clutch lever. The M8274 winch model has the clutch lever.

I think this is the coolest rig ever, with all its originality, wheels, CJ-5 badge, 304, T15, 20 T-case, fold forward seat etc, and especially the Jeep spec winch!

I had a 74 CJ-5 for almost 10 years, fun little Jeep that would go anywhere...

Steve from WARN!

Hey Steve, long time no see!! Thanks for chiming in with the info on the M8074. I wasn't 100% sure about what I thought I knew and it's great to get it straight from the source! The hardest part for us will be to decide how much to build it up - or, how stock will we keep it being that so much of it is still stock. Oh, decisions, decisions :crazyeyes:

RedSyndrome

Hey Steve, long time no see!! Thanks for chiming in with the info on the M8074. I wasn't 100% sure about what I thought I knew and it's great to get it straight from the source! The hardest part for us will be to decide how much to build it up - or, how stock will we keep it being that so much of it is still stock. Oh, decisions, decisions :crazyeyes:

Seems like you have some awesome rock crawlers already. Why not keep it close to stock for running around forest roads? It would still be fun and you wouldn't have to beef up the axles. Have fun with it. :thumb:

Coop

Caught the Bug
Congrats Eddie! The CJ s are the class many of us grew to love! Hard to find jewels like yours in Ohio! Lol! You'll have a blast in this one! Looks like a fun build!

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Great old and rare find. You're right about the floor pan rust. Lots of these old warriors have been left out in fields with no tops and the floor drains closed. The bench seat reminds me of my '66 CJ5 Tuxedo Park Mark IV. We named it The Mayflower in honor of the girls who came across in it.:D

JAGS

Hooked
That is just too cool. [emoji41]

When I come home with a surprise purchase, it's usually a shirt for one of my kids. Lol. [emoji23][emoji23]

I dig the name CJ as well. Cindy is going to make that stick for sure. Congrats. [emoji106]

JK.AF.Mil

Nice! Good luck with the project!

Looks like a great find. Glad to hear the engine is in great shape. I look forward to seeing updates on its progress.
- CJ

Last edited:
Top Bottom