CALAMITY JANE - All Dolled Up with Factory 1974 CJ-5 Renegade Decals

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hands down my favorite jeep of your stable. Those stickers really put the finishing touches on.

Totally agree on the stickers. Of all the Renegades made, the 1974 design were by far my favorite.

1974-Jp-CJ-5-Renegade-Ad.jpg

I was wondering if you were going to do that. I looks great! Are your going to do a video on how to put the decals on?

Honestly, we started to on our first pass but being that it didn't work out, we shelved the video. On the second pass, I spent a lot more time trying to get it right and trying to film that wasn't going to help anything. Needless to say, no, there won't be a video - sorry.

Jaybird 11

Caught the Bug
Yeah i bet getting them just right was hard enuff let alone trying to make a how to video for all of us to learn on. At 200$ a set i wouldnt want to keep messing them either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
She looks amazing! Just when you think she couldn't look any better.

Yeah, the wrap around rear end that Renegades came with made it so you could mount a spare on the tail but the downside of course is - you have no tailgate.

Oh, and yes, the stickers sucked! I actually had to buy them twice being that I jacked up the first set and at $200, they aren't exactly cheap!

That really sucks. A $200 mistake is hard to swallow. A lot of soapy water was what my ex father in law used to use. He made applying stickers and decals look so easy, but then again he has been in the body shop industry for over 30 years.

Edit: So when do we get to see her on the trail?..;)

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah i bet getting them just right was hard enuff let alone trying to make a how to video for all of us to learn on. At 200$ a set i wouldnt want to keep messing them either.

What I can tell you is that temperature makes a big difference. You really need to be doing this in a garage, out of the wind and when the air temps are around 70° to 90° F. The first time I tried to apply the decals was a few months back and while it wasn't cold by any means, it was just a bit too cool for the decals to be setup right. The other thing that really helped me was an application gel that I bought. The gel allows you to slide the decal around, lift it up and move it around for a really long time and it only really sets after you burnish it out and let it dry for a couple of hours.

She looks amazing! Just when you think she couldn't look any better.

That really sucks. A $200 mistake is hard to swallow. A lot of soapy water was what my ex father in law used to use. He made applying stickers and decals look so easy, but then again he has been in the body shop industry for over 30 years.

Edit: So when do we get to see her on the trail?..;)

Soapy water works well but I'm not good enough to get the decals setup fast enough. The application gel I mentioned helped big time.

Gorgeous, the stickers are a perfect final touch!

The Jeep looked great before, the stickers really make it stand out now.

Thanks! We're really happy to get her looking like she would have back in the day :cool:

Looks good but I liked plain Jane too.

Yeah, we did too and that's why it took us so long to try adding decals again.

Top Bottom