California crackdown on light bars??

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Doesn't surprise me with all the idiots who leave there lights on when they drive down the freeway both night and day.

Clem319

Can someone please provide proof that a violation of CA vehicle code 24411 (uncovered light bar) is correctable? The cop marked Correctable for the 5200A violation (no front plate), and Not Correctable for the 24411 violation (uncovered light bar) on the ticket, but then I got the Courtesy Notice from the court with the Certificate of Correction on the back, and it lists both the 5200A and 24411 violations, IMPLYING that violation 24411 is in fact correctable.

Just have both signed off and return it to the court.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Just have both signed off and return it to the court.

This, but also know that some courts give the issuing officer discretion on whether or not the violation is correctable. If they don't check the box, you MAY get it signed off and the court MAY NOT honor the correction.

KICKROX

More than 8 lights? Guess I'm screwed if I go to the the Peoples Republic of California .. Good thing they can't see my gun mounts. :cheesy:

kickrox.jpg

Last edited:

trailraider

why would they worry about it looking like a police vehicle?
a facsimile of a police light, seriously? when was the last time you saw a police wrangler lifted up pulling people over?

why would they worry about it looking like a police vehicle?
a facsimile of a police light, seriously? when was the last time you saw a police wrangler lifted up pulling people over?

County Sheriff here has all kinds of vehicles you would never think was a deputy till the lights come on

geberhard

Douchebag
More than 8 lights? Guess I'm screwed if I go to the the Peoples Republic of California .. Good thing they can't see my gun mounts. :cheesy:

View attachment 210296

DANG! reminds me of:

LED%20Overdose_zpsqx8e5gnu.jpg

Correctable or Not Correctable

The correctable box checked on the citation means that the equipment violation just needs to be fixed or "corrected." When the box is not checked, the equipment still needs to be corrected, however, there will be a fine associated with it. In Commifornia this was supposed to be a way of discouraging continued equipment violations, such as tinted windows. Tinted windows is correctable, but you must pay a fine. :twocents:

geberhard

Douchebag
I believe all fix it tickets in CA now require a minimum fee for processing\correction (read revenue generation :) of about $40. each finding can add up, i.e cracked windshield, no tire coverage, ground to frame height, etc. Most cops are great but there are several douche bags that will give you a full day and actually cite incorrect stuff.

BTW I am still trying to find at state or national level a law prohibiting the use of beadlocks, if anyone has info please chime in thanks :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom