California crackdown on light bars??

ShinDiggity

So instead you're going to hijack my thread with your whining? Sounds to me like you've got two choices: Go vote or move.

I worded it funny. I accept your apology and no worries man.

I meant there are worse things than light bars that we worry about. It's such a petty crime and unless the copper is really really bored, i can't see a copper go actively searching for rigs with light bars.

I meant there are worse things than light bars that we worry about. It's such a petty crime and unless the copper is really really bored, i can't see a copper go actively searching for rigs with light bars.

I totally agree with you. I'm sure in many cases something pissed off the LOE, maybe they didn't roll the window down, lol.

MTG

Caught the Bug

I totally agree with you. I'm sure in many cases something pissed off the LOE, maybe they didn't roll the window down, lol.

Ahhhh...so cute. Like smokey and the bandit part trois. :yup:

In all seriousness, I haven't been bothered by any of them, Clovis included, maybe it's my age. Last summer we went thru a sobriety checkpoint and the cop actually spent extra time (holding up traffic) to talk jeep with me. And, no, I wasn't drinking. I save that for my other ride ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423205944.676443.jpg

Clem319

Can I get cited for the light bar even if it isn't even wired up?

You could, but would most likely win it in court. I would guess a judge would side with you if the light is inoperable. California penal and vehicle codes are thicker than a dictionary. There's pretty much a code to make anything illegal. For example, You're also supposed to report to DMV any modification to your vehicle over $500. But no one does that.

As stated before, I would not think you would be pulled over just for a lightbar. With that being said, there are a lot of traffic cops that enjoy writing tickets for stupid shit. You would probably walk away with about five fix it tickets if the cop really wanted to write them.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Hey whatdayaknow I'm going back to Cali* and as a precaution putting on the covers.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423813158.764924.jpg

Or I guess I could just bitch about the cops instead. :idontknow:

*back to Cali, back to Cali...yeah I don't think so.

Wardell

I've seen these light covers before, but at the time I thought, "why would you ever want / need that..."

Now I know. Silly laws like this. Makes me wonder if there's anywhere North of your border with a similar law. If there is one, my guess is it would be in Quebec...

Jk909

Yeah I'm sure some PIG wrote the law right....

It's not about writing the law it's about enforcing it. We can all agree California has dumb ass laws, if you meet a dumb ass cop you will get a ticket. I come from a family full of LEO's and my uncle who is a detective calls my brother a jealous pig because he never does anything important at work.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It's not about writing the law it's about enforcing it. We can all agree California has dumb ass laws, if you meet a dumb ass cop you will get a ticket. I come from a family full of LEO's and my uncle who is a detective calls my brother a jealous pig because he never does anything important at work.

What do you do for work? What if you showed up to work one day and everyone shit talked you for doing your job.

A cops job is to enforce the laws written by someone other then them. Don't like the laws, fight with your government not with the cops.

I can't believe there is this long thread bitching about a fucking light cover over a light you don't/can't even use on the street.

Jk909

What do you do for work? What if you showed up to work one day and everyone shit talked you for doing your job.

A cops job is to enforce the laws written by someone other then them. Don't like the laws, fight with your government not with the cops.

I can't believe there is this long thread bitching about a fucking light cover over a light you don't/can't even use on the street.

My point is if somebody bitches about shitty welds you don't see every welder in the world pissed off. If you meet a cop that's a dick and you say so not every cop should be upset.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
My point is if somebody bitches about shitty welds you don't see every welder in the world pissed off. If you meet a cop that's a dick and you say so not every cop should be upset.

Welded don't risk their life everyday then get second guessed for it. Just sayin.

Top Bottom