California crackdown on light bars??

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I am from AZ and currently live in the little dusty desert town of Imperial, CA. There is major offroad history in this little town and you are not cool unless you have a light bar. Prerunners are everywhere as are jeeps with light bars. Offroad is a way of life in this small town/area. CHP has a station right off the main drag and their presence is non stop. I believe this is totally a county/officer/case by case issue. Cops don't mind here, unless you're being a Jackass.

Yup Ohio has the same laws.

It's a good law to have for those jackasses running the lights on the highway

pastorwug

Woody this is the same state that elected the same governor 4 times and is still broke. Oh and would rather keep farmers from getting water for crops because of a the Delta Smelt. Oh and the one who will not let the Department of Forestry do control burns to prevent wild fires. This does not surprise me at all.

Doesn't surprise me either Will.
Gov Moonbeam is a joke everywhere I go, even internationally - they all laugh at how stupid Californians are, and pity me for living there.
We deserve every nonsensical law we get, we deserve Palosi, Feinstein, Boxer and Costa - the voters have been swallowing the stupid pills for years. We deserve them all because the far majority of Californians don't even vote. It's amazing that the Democrats laugh at these goons, even though they elected them.

Political rant over now. :twocents:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Buddy of mine just informed me that the PoPo in my area are now citing people for having light bars above the level of your headlights uncovered when not on a trail. He went on to tell me that they are also citing for having more than 8 foreword facing lights and that some officers are considering each individual LED in any one fixture to be a single light. Anyone else hear of such a thing?

In 1989 (no joke), I was towing my blazer back to Reno from Sacto after my tranny went out. The blazer was on a flatbed and I stopped at a gas station to fill up. A CHP pulled up next to me and told me he would ticket me if he saw my blazer on the road due to the uncovered lightbar lights. At the time, I was running 5 large Hella Rally lights.

I think Kalifornia's law has been around for a while.

Clem319

In 1989 (no joke), I was towing my blazer back to Reno from Sacto after my tranny went out. The blazer was on a flatbed and I stopped at a gas station to fill up. A CHP pulled up next to me and told me he would ticket me if he saw my blazer on the road due to the uncovered lightbar lights. At the time, I was running 5 large Hella Rally lights.

I think Kalifornia's law has been around for a while.

Yes the law has always been around. That's why the old school round KC lights always came with a cover. I've always wanted police car movable spot lights in my jeeps. Because it's awesome to be able to move them and then flip them around during use and no need for a cover 👍. And weirdly enough a guy approached me yesterday in autozone and said he made custom covers for light bars. Said police are cracking down.

Yes the law has always been around. That's why the old school round KC lights always came with a cover. I've always wanted police car movable spot lights in my jeeps. Because it's awesome to be able to move them and then flip them around during use and no need for a cover 👍. And weirdly enough a guy approached me yesterday in autozone and said he made custom covers for light bars. Said police are cracking down.

Did you get that guys info for the covers?

Ya I got his number if you want a special order one (specific colors or size). He told me he just got into 4WP and California Truck Accessories in Bakersfield also.

I'll wait and see what shows up in the mail in a few days. I ordered some 1/8" Neoprene wetsuit material and some Velcro. I'm thinking it'll keep the lights clean and dry as well as get rid of that annoying wind noise people often complain about. Plus, I might be able to get creative and silkscreen some lettering on the front of the material.

ShinDiggity

California is a state where, if you are an illegal immigrant and you commit a violent felony (murder, rape, etc) you will not be sentenced in a court of law here, but deported back to where ever country you illegally came from so you can come back again illegally and run free with a different fake ID and name... California sucks and does not make sense. I can care less about a rig with a lightbar on it and most law enforcement officers don't either unless like Piginajeep said, they are being jackasses on the road.

OJK12

That sucks Ridgerumner! The laws you guys have must be about the same as PA. We used to not even be allowed to have lights period, hooked up or not. One of my buddies went so far as to cut of blocks of 2x4 for his roll bar and bought KC light covers to look like lights yet keep it legal and when he got pulled over the cop was so mad that he got swindled he still wrote him a ticket!

Jk909

California is a state where, if you are an illegal immigrant and you commit a violent felony (murder, rape, etc) you will not be sentenced in a court of law here, but deported back to where ever country you illegally came from so you can come back again illegally and run free with a different fake ID and name... California sucks and does not make sense. I can care less about a rig with a lightbar on it and most law enforcement officers don't either unless like Piginajeep said, they are being jackasses on the road.

I wish all LEO were as intelligent as you! They should have you train all the rookies.

Top Bottom