California crackdown on light bars??

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
It's not about writing the law it's about enforcing it. We can all agree California has dumb ass laws, if you meet a dumb ass cop you will get a ticket. I come from a family full of LEO's and my uncle who is a detective calls my brother a jealous pig because he never does anything important at work.

Your uncle didn't kick you in the ass enough .

mackey

I also find it funny there is a thread about this and all these people are upset at the CA cops. Let's break it down.

1. Majority of CA law makers are liberals.
2. Light cover law was made.
3. Cops don't like to enforce stupid laws but sometimes have to.
4. Dumb jeep driver with 50" light bar starts flashing people on city streets.
5. People in the community complain about light bar and demand something be done.
6. L.E. Brass order the cops to enforce this stupid rule because of yet a stupid jeep driver who probably knew he/she should not be turning it on in the city.
7. Now all cops are jerks.

You haters are brilliant.

budmanm3

^ insert large lifted truck owner with light bar instead of jeep driver and you probably have it right. .

mackey

^ insert large lifted truck owner with light bar instead of jeep driver and you probably have it right. .

You are probably correct. Some teenage boy running 35s on his 87 Toyota truck and a 50" light bar worth more than his truck. Ok. That sounds better.

JAGS

Hooked
7. Now all cops are jerks.

You haters are brilliant.

Could have started with #7. 😉😂😂

Benefit of the doubt. I think the point of the thread was to bash on the law. Fair, it's kind of stupid.

But the rest to bash LEO is just another sign that parents don't teach enough respect for authority in our society. Shame on us for that and shame on adults for acting like kids.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, California has laws and all the cops are doing is enforcing them. Don't like the laws, work to change them - don't blame the guys who are just doing their job.

mackey

As mentioned, California has laws and all the cops are doing is enforcing them. Don't like the laws, work to change them - don't blame the guys who are just doing their job.

Amen. Or you can move out of CA like Eddie, myself and many others have. :)

Clem319

My point is if somebody bitches about shitty welds you don't see every welder in the world pissed off. If you meet a cop that's a dick and you say so not every cop should be upset.

This makes no sense. Does the media blast the bad welds all over the news and make the public turn against welders? Do shitty parents teach their kids to hate welders? Do welders have to be on watch for themselves and their family while not at work for fear that some criminal might recognize them and do something stupid? I could go on and on but I'll stop. Oh and welders probably make more money too. Hence why my c-gussets are still in my garage and not welded on my Jeep.

916razorback

It's not about writing the law it's about enforcing it. We can all agree California has dumb ass laws, if you meet a dumb ass cop you will get a ticket. I come from a family full of LEO's and my uncle who is a detective calls my brother a jealous pig because he never does anything important at work.

Fair enough....I do know a few dumb ass cops hahahaha

916razorback

On a serious note...I have used panty hose to cover my lights at work....not sure how long they would hold up to the elements but they work on the smaller lights that are mounted inside my vehicle...just a thought

On a serious note...I have used panty hose to cover my lights at work....not sure how long they would hold up to the elements but they work on the smaller lights that are mounted inside my vehicle...just a thought

Well, that's one way to score a girl's panties, lol.

glolar

Is CA vehicle code 24411 really correctable?

It is a correctable violation so as long as you can cover it the ticket or notice to correct can be signed off...

Can someone please provide proof that a violation of CA vehicle code 24411 (uncovered light bar) is correctable? The cop marked Correctable for the 5200A violation (no front plate), and Not Correctable for the 24411 violation (uncovered light bar) on the ticket, but then I got the Courtesy Notice from the court with the Certificate of Correction on the back, and it lists both the 5200A and 24411 violations, IMPLYING that violation 24411 is in fact correctable.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Top Bottom