California or Bust : An Epic Trek Across the California Emigrant Trail

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Here are a few last minute things you guys should pick up before heading out.

Pink Pills for Pale People. It'll cure chorea if you happen to have it. (Maybe after some honey :idon'tknow: )

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401388657.308583.jpg

Some tobacco

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401388683.361182.jpg

And some pipes for the tobacco

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401388698.829725.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401388704.396387.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Less than 2 days left to go!!

main.php

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
I think many of these words of advice where discovered on the Emigrant Trail.

Don’t squat with your spurs on. :eek:
Don't let your yearnings get ahead of your earnings. :grayno:
If you're ridin' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there with ya.:doh:
Don't dig for water under the outhouse. :doh:
Don't go in if you don't know the way out. :yup:
Don't mess with something that ain't bothering you. :shock:
Never drive black cattle in the dark. :rolleyes2:
Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction. :thumb:
Always take a good look at what you’re about to eat. It’s not so important to know what it is, but it’s critical to know what it was. :icon_crazy:
Never slap a man who’s chewing tobacco. ;)
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride. :wings:
We all got pieces of crazy in us, some bigger pieces than others. (Ray Don and Tony). :cheesy::cheesy:
Just 'cause trouble comes visiting doesn't mean you have to offer it a place to sit down. :thinking:

Have fun!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Awesome Chris. Too bad you won't be with us. Next time:yup:

toys4rocks

yea there calling for some nasty storms here in Kc. what day are you planning to be here for the start of this epic journey?

JayKay

Caught the Bug
http://corncobpipe.com/
These are the pipes you should pick up while in Missouri, not sure if you'll find them in Kansas City, but they're still made in my hometown. The only corncob pipe factory in the world (apparently) :idontknow:

KenB1010

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401407218.929089.jpg
Apparently I'm a little excited about this trip, just checking in at the Silverton. I was able to get a room for tomarrow as well. They have a limited supply of rooms for Friday (cancelations), so call ASAP to get your room if you couldn't get in before. I'll see everyone at the bar tomarrow night.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
View attachment 85613
Apparently I'm a little excited about this trip, just checking in at the Silverton. I was able to get a room for tomarrow as well. They have a limited supply of rooms for Friday (cancelations), so call ASAP to get your room if you couldn't get in before. I'll see everyone at the bar tomarrow night.

Thanks Ken, just switched over and got a room. See you tomorrow!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It'll probably be raining when you get here to Missouri, been raining all this week off and on across the state. Supposed to continue into next week :(

yeah, been seeing that on the weather. Bummer.

We hope to pull into town by about 5-6 PM.

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
It's not quite the 600 lbs. of flour, 120 lbs. of biscuits, 400 lbs. of bacon, 60 lbs. of coffee, 4 lbs. of tea, 100 lbs. of sugar, and 200 lbs. of lard that the emigrants would have needed, but Moby is all packed and ready for our adventure to begin!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401418429.997354.jpg

JayKay

Caught the Bug
yeah, been seeing that on the weather. Bummer.

We hope to pull into town by about 5-6 PM.

Still wish I could meet up with everyone in Independence, but we're headed to Branson in the morning. I'm sure you'll be in these parts again in the future and we'll grab a beer. Can't wait to follow the thread on this epic journey :thumb:

Top Bottom