Calling out bruiser conversions round 2 ding, ding, ding

Here is my Jeep if you are still suspicious. It is a picture of my CJ7 the night brought it home in January. It is a 1985 CJ7, with a 4.5 inch rubicon express lift, 33 inch Mickey thompsons, Dana 44 in the rear with OX locker, Dana 30 up front with a Yukon installed by previous owner, linex inside out, onboard air, Carolina Drive Shafts, LOD bumper in the rear, a rugged ridge bumper upfront, twin sticked Dana 300, with a NV4500 tranny and the oil and fuel leaking Cummins. If you are still suspicious that it is the same guy with multiple accounts, come on down to Charleston,SC and we can have a chat face to face.

View attachment 201914 View attachment 201914

Dang they put your post right above mine!!!

geepman

Poor quality of work from Bruiser Conversions continue to shows its ugly head

Well the problems keep coming with the work that Bruiser did on my Jeep. Tranny had to be dropped back in September to be fixed again, less than 2000 miles on it. Turns out the shifter rail for 5th and reverse was improperly installed and the tranny would kick out of 5th gear whenever I would let go of the accelerator. Bruiser wanted me to send the Jeep to them to have it fixed again but I was like NO!!! I told them they had their chance to fix the tranny and were not going to touch it. I had a local shop here in Charleston, SC, Griffin Transmission fix it right. They fixed it at a 800 dollar price tag. Working with a lawyer to file a lawsuit against Bruiser. As of lately the recent problem has been a belt tensioner failed and that required replacement of that and the belt. Now I am wondering how much more will break. Thank you Bruiser for the horrible first time quality job.

Ddays

Hooked
I am not the only one with the poor quality work. There are a handful of us that got screwed over by them.

That Greenjeepguy seems to be back in love with them after "calling them out". Maybe you should try that too? :idontknow:

SPOOOBY

What about trail jeeps,i hear good things and there a vendor here

If you're not living your dead already!

SPOOOBY

My name is Mark and I live in Phoenix. I am getting married in November so had to push back my purchase. I have viewed a ton of the build threads on here. Favorite so far is the guy that had a white 2 door, then went to a white four door (sorry forget the name) and also the guy that bought a brand new jeep and had major issues with under 500 miles.

Don't really know what else to say? Im not interested in the bruiser conversions, probably ever once i get mine...Not because they don't seem cool, I could just never justify that price.

Also didnt want to post any questions until I am ready to go and make the purchase....but the only question would be....other than the transfer case if I plan on doing a lot of work and keeping the car for a very long time, shouldn't i just get a sport?

Any who, you guys are hilarious. Maybe I should have made my first posts about selling things ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

First of all a JEEP is not a CAR and you can get a sport if you plan on going beyond a rubicon,

If you're not living your dead already!

geepman

The problems still continue with Bruiser Conversions

I really do not know where to start but I am to the point where I am about to lose my mind in how poor of a job Bruiser did on my Jeep. The current problem I have is the large amount of blow by on the diesel engine. Took it to a certified mechanic to get their certified opinion on the blow by. They are telling me that the blow by is excessive and the piston rings need to be changed out. Bruiser put an engine in my Jeep that was on its way out the door, WTF. Serious if I were to do that kind of stuff in my line of work, I would have killed someone. First time quality work was not their objective and I take first time quality work to heart especially being a nuclear propulsion plant operator for almost 17 years now. To anyone that plans to get their work done at bruiser conversions, buyer beware. They have no quality assurance in their workmanship and Jeff Garland, the owner, essentially broke a promise. His promise to me was that the work that was to be done on my vehicle would be top notch and his name and reputation is on the line. Well Jeff Garland you broke that promise and you soured your reputation with me. Now I have to waste the limited time before deploying to get my engine rebuilt. All they did was slap a coat of paint on the block and sent it on its way WITHOUT doing a full detailed inspection, they failed at their job. They thought they could get away with doing half ass work, well sorry, they did not realize they were dealing with a person who has been trained to catch things when they are wrong or half assed put together. Thank you for your time. Jeff Garland, do have the integrity to acknowledge that your guys screwed up by doing a poor job the first time?

geepman

Why do people keep going back to a shitty shop?

I have not gone back, for the transmission I got that done by a local shop here in Charleston, SC. All I have to say is that Griffin Transmission in North Charleston did a kick ass job on fixing a poorly put together tranny.

Top Bottom