Camber, Caster, Toe

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No not really, the biggest difference in the D30 and D44 housing is the ring and pinion size.

Not exactly. Yes, the ring and pinion are smaller in a D30 but so are the shafts - they are thinner, have fewer splines and use a smaller u-joint too. The tubes, end forgings and knuckles are the same.

Heholua

Not exactly. Yes, the ring and pinion are smaller in a D30 but so are the shafts - they are thinner, have fewer splines and use a smaller u-joint too. The tubes, end forgings and knuckles are the same.

Yes, definitely all of the things you mentioned are differences in the axle assembly. I was refering to the housing itself since he wants to gusset the Cs for 35s.:)

Devallee

Sooooo I should probably get c gussets soon...? (And adjustable LCA's)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1379701289499.jpg
    1379701289499.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 56

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, definitely all of the things you mentioned are differences in the axle assembly. I was refering to the housing itself since he wants to gusset the Cs for 35s.:)

Ah, got it. :cool:

Sooooo I should probably get c gussets soon...? (And adjustable LCA's)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

You have next to no caster and you would benefit from adjustable lower control arms for sure. As far as your camber goes, your c's are already bent. C-gussets will not fix this but they will help prevent additional bending.

TheDuff

Least the camber isn't really bad and very close to even. Anything under -2 degrees doesn't really effect tire wear.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom