Cb install

Ldogg

I just installed the gate mount today too, and I have it setup like this.

antenna connector
lock nut
flat washer
nylon washer
mount
fire ring
stud

I haven't picked up anything either, but the weather band comes in fine. getting an swr meter today from amazon so I can tune the antenna. it's a 4' fire fly firestick with the adjustable end

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
I grounded my mount directly to the gate with aircraft grade ground strap. helped a lot. Also try tuning it with an swr meter.

Ldogg

yeah it should be ok, I would have flipped it that way to but a 4' firestik barely fits in the garage door, and sticks out about a foot over the top of my jeep.

null-60.jpg

silverbackjk

I just installed the gate mount today too, and I have it setup like this.

antenna connector
lock nut
flat washer
nylon washer
mount
fire ring
stud

I haven't picked up anything either, but the weather band comes in fine. getting an swr meter today from amazon so I can tune the antenna. it's a 4' fire fly firestick with the adjustable end

I drove closer to freeway and was able to pick up some chatter.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ldogg

Yes I did it is a nice kit. Still need to drill the dash for the cb connection .

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

yeah, gotta love the fact that you get everything you need. I haven't drilled mine either. I haven't decided if I will or not. Right now it's tucked next to the center console and up and out of the way, so I may leave it alone for now.

silverbackjk

yeah, gotta love the fact that you get everything you need. I haven't drilled mine either. I haven't decided if I will or not. Right now it's tucked next to the center console and up and out of the way, so I may leave it alone for now.

I was going to give it a shot. Waiting on a buddy that has a step drill bit. I went to home depot and the were $40 and i won't ever use it agin.

silverbackjk

Ok so here is where i am at now. I had a buddy with a cb come over to test mine out. When he was in close proximity I could hear him and he could hear me. But when he went 1/4-1/2 mile away he could hear me crystal clear but i could not hear him at all. Does anyone know how to fix this?:crazyeyes:

TmansTj

Swr meter will help also try a different antenna - if meter doesn't help . What kind and gauge of cable did you use - as this makes a huge difference too

TmansTj

If you have a cb shop close by , you can have your cb peaked and tuned - cheaper than buying a swr meter .
Had this done to mine for $25 bucks and made a huge difference . Most manufactures have the radios turned way down on amperage .

TmansTj

Try some truck stops for info on cb repair shops . Some have signs up cause they work out of there house or garage .

Top Bottom