Cb install

Skirmish

Might be because hes not throwing out a string signal like you are depending on what he is running. And it might not be on your end it might be his.

This is usually the case. It is easy for a CB to receive but throws a lot of power to transmit. Usually if you have a bad ground you can only transmit short distance. The problem is likely your buddy's setup.

Ldogg

I bought one from amazon for 20 bux and the 3' jumper cable for 10, but I could probably get the cable cheaper at radio shack. I ended up with mine in the red when I keyed the mic. I am still playing with it, but it looks like I messed up the UHF connector on the far end, the when I tried to replace it, radio shack gave me the wrong connector. I stripped the coax and pushed the bare lead into the swr meter and it was in below 3 so I know I am setup right, just need the correct connector. I went by tonight and I think I got the right one this time, after putting what the recommended back again, and getting what I thought would actually work.... :)

Top Bottom