ChiliDawg's JK build

ChiliDawg

You get them stickers brother?

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hey bud, I sent you a Pm to thank you for those, right? I hope I did. Really loved them. Got both on my hard top, they're perfect!

I haven't been on the board much lately, things haven't gotten crazy busy with my schedule, but I did take the top off last week!
IMG_3483.JPG

Annnnnd then I got rained on this past week so I ordered a Quadratop bikini/windjammer/tonneau combo today.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
Hey bud, I sent you a Pm to thank you for those, right? I hope I did. Really loved them. Got both on my hard top, they're perfect!

I haven't been on the board much lately, things haven't gotten crazy busy with my schedule, but I did take the top off last week!
View attachment 257739

Annnnnd then I got rained on this past week so I ordered a Quadratop bikini/windjammer/tonneau combo today.

Nice, i had that set up for my old 2 door and was pretty happy with it. As far as the cobra, not sure but I imagine to a point- whatever the hell that means lol

ChiliDawg

Nice, i had that set up for my old 2 door and was pretty happy with it. As far as the cobra, not sure but I imagine to a point- whatever the hell that means lol

I'll just throw it in a bag of rice if I need to [emoji1]

I'm just hoping the windjammer gives me enough space to have the seat back far enough. Guessing it will if it worked for you - you can relate to tall people problems .

benatc1

Hooked
I'll just throw it in a bag of rice if I need to [emoji1]

I'm just hoping the windjammer gives me enough space to have the seat back far enough. Guessing it will if it worked for you - you can relate to tall people problems .

You gotta get a little creative with how far back you move the seat and adjust the wind jammer, ends up leaving a little gap but it wasn't a big deal, I'll see if I can find a pic

ChiliDawg

Quadratec was actually fast as hell this time, got it in two days. Helps when they ship it from the warehouse that's two miles away from you instead of the one 2400 miles away [emoji1]

Took the doors off briefly too but temps dropped a bit and I still need to get side mirrors to throw on.

IMG_3511.jpg IMG_3514.jpg

benatc1

Hooked
Quadratec was actually fast as hell this time, got it in two days. Helps when they ship it from the warehouse that's two miles away from you instead of the one 2400 miles away [emoji1]

Took the doors off briefly too but temps dropped a bit and I still need to get side mirrors to throw on.

View attachment 258510 View attachment 258511

Looks really good man, wish it would just stay warm around here!

ChiliDawg

Overdue for some updates. Recently added some Rugged Ridge fender flares because I had lost one of my cut flares on I-5 in Oregon at the end of last summer and I was also unsure about how my setup would fly moving to Maryland where they have the no fun police.
IMG_6530.JPG

Haven't had time to do a lot else because I've been so busy since the move but today I gave the grill a facelift.
IMG_6553.JPG

Then while I was finishing that up UPS arrived with my new Flowmaster. I've been annoyed by the pitch of my exhaust since I hammered my stock muffler and tail pipe pretty good on the Rubicon last summer, so finally pulled the trigger.
IMG_6556.JPG

No pics of the finished product yet. Side note - anybody who tells you removing the old muffler is "easy" is a damn liar. I managed to break loose the clamp bolt and one hangar after 2+ hours and after at least another hour struggling to get the third off I finally gave up and went to Lowe's to get an angle grinder. Had the thing out about five minutes later upon getting back. [emoji28]

Gotta learn everything the hard way.

ChiliDawg

Thanks guys :thumb:

Side note, I did not get rid of the winch, just took it off to paint the bumper. Have any of you guys ever had your winch cables leave burn marks on your grille? I had thought the heat shield deal that covers them would prevent that but apparently not, got a couple of marks on the grill where they burned through the paint and into the plastic. Not that conspicuous so not a huge deal, but may have to be a little more careful with how I run the cables when I put it back on.

Top Bottom