Coilover vs. Coil Spring lift

mrmet1983

If you plan on ordering the double d kit then be prepared to wait. I ordered mine six weeks ago and still haven't gotten it yet. I've got a room full or parts and tires for my lift but still no kit yet. Just a heads up be prepared to wait for that double d kit.

Evo shipping is slow at best I wud order all my Evo stuff from NR4x4 they ship out that day if in stock and next day if not in stock they get parts overnight from Evo

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Evo shipping is slow at best I wud order all my Evo stuff from NR4x4 they ship out that day if in stock and next day if not in stock they get parts overnight from Evo

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Lol this is funny.

DiggaDon

Rock Krawler Coil over?

Anyone have any thoughts on the Rock Krawler Coil over kit? They build from the ground up to coilovers as well, but unlike Evo they only have weld on kits, but unlike Evo, RK gives a hefty discount to their locally sponsored wrangler club that I'm in. I wonder if I could use a RK long arm kit and a Evo coilover bolt on kit... I don't know what it entails exactly.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone have any thoughts on the Rock Krawler Coil over kit? They build from the ground up to coilovers as well, but unlike Evo they only have weld on kits, but unlike Evo, RK gives a hefty discount to their locally sponsored wrangler club that I'm in. I wonder if I could use a RK long arm kit and a Evo coilover bolt on kit... I don't know what it entails exactly.

There are a lot of folks here that own and love their RK lifts. If you're wanting to run EVO bolt on coil overs, you can run them with stock control arms so long as you have front lower adjustable arms to set your caster with. Needless to say, you can definitely run them with an RK long arm kit. The only thing I'm not too fond of on the RK kit is that it just has one upper rear control arm mount. Being that the kit still utilizes a track bar, there really is no benefit from this design and if anything, if your mount breaks, you are up a creek without a paddle. Trust me, I have seen it happen. Redundancy is a good thing and I might recommend that you look at a different kit if only for that reason.

DiggaDon

There are a lot of folks here that own and love their RK lifts. If you're wanting to run EVO bolt on coil overs, you can run them with stock control arms so long as you have front lower adjustable arms to set your caster with. Needless to say, you can definitely run them with an RK long arm kit. The only thing I'm not too fond of on the RK kit is that it just has one upper rear control arm mount. Being that the kit still utilizes a track bar, there really is no benefit from this design and if anything, if your mount breaks, you are up a creek without a paddle. Trust me, I have seen it happen. Redundancy is a good thing and I might recommend that you look at a different kit if only for that reason.

Gah... I was afraid that might be the answer.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug

i usually always order from nr4x4....but have yet to get anything fast no matter where it comes from. always a week out with almost no tracking info usually.

Eddie you guys are running the bolt-ons with the long arm upgrade right?

Here's my question when I get the bolt-ons with the long arm will I be able to mount them with my d-30 up front or do I need new mounts?? And when I get my prorock 44 will I need new mounts for the evo long arm upgrade or will it just bolt into place?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i usually always order from nr4x4....but have yet to get anything fast no matter where it comes from. always a week out with almost no tracking info usually.

i agree with what you said Jim. my air compressor came from northridge. took just over a week and i didnt get shipping info till the day before it arrived. i even ordered over the phone and the guy said they had it in stock.

DiggaDon

Question about the mount breaking -- wouldn't this make all RK kits universally have an issue, not just the mix and match problem of having an evo kit with the RK long arms?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie you guys are running the bolt-ons with the long arm upgrade right?

Here's my question when I get the bolt-ons with the long arm will I be able to mount them with my d-30 up front or do I need new mounts?? And when I get my prorock 44 will I need new mounts for the evo long arm upgrade or will it just bolt into place?

No, the control arms bolt up to the factory mounts on your axles and same is true of the ProRock44.

Question about the mount breaking -- wouldn't this make all RK kits universally have an issue, not just the mix and match problem of having an evo kit with the RK long arms?

Yes. I'm not saying that the single upper control arm is prone to breaking, just that everything can and will break and if you lose it, you are SOL. If the design were a tri-link or a triangulated 4-link that got rid of the track bar, I would say there are real benefits to taking the risk but, being that their design still retains a track bar, you will still only get as much flex as your shocks will allow and still see the effects of having a track bar. In other words, I personally don't see any benefits of this design. But, that's just me.

I should note that I'm a guy who has broken my fair share of control arm mounts both front and rear and every single time it's happened, I was able to get off the trail without too much fuss thanks to the other control arm still being in place. When one of the participants of the JKX broke his single upper mount on the Rubicon, his day came to an end.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Ttfhell's buddy drove his rig all the way home after JKX with a broken control arm. Good thing he didn't have a 3 link.

mrmet1983

NR4x4 ships to me in two three days tops !! Evo takes usually two weeks in my experience

ChaosNein

NR4x4 ships to me in two three days tops !! Evo takes usually two weeks in my experience

Simply not true! If you ordered something from ORE (NOT EVO) and it was not in stock, then it could not ship until it WAS in stock. That doesnt change no matter what retailer you buy from.

I PERSONALLY ship everything that ORE has in stock THE DAY I get the order! Now if you order KING shocks or an EVOLever kit, sure it is going to take some time to ship. But so you know, KING is 3-4 weeks backordered on ALL of the shocks that we order from them.

If you are ordering high quality AMERICAN made products that are highly sought after, then sometimes you are going to have to wait for said products to have to be produced. There are plenty of chinese made products you can buy off the self.

Last edited:
Top Bottom