Colorado week of 4th of July

dillard09

Aside from the end of Holy Cross (Cleveland Rock), I think you would reallly excel at Holy Cross. You know how to pick lines and there is always the winch! What do you think John, since you ran it last year? Just makes for a very long day from Denver, but worth it.

edit: you beat me to it
WJCO, I think it would be a super fun run for you. On the way to the top there is one off camber climb that use to be tougher than it is now because the trail is wider by the tree. And then French creek changes every year, but pick a good line, trust your spotter, and be smart and you will be good. It will challenge you in your rig but you would have a blast. And the scenery is awesome up there to boot.
And Clevland rock is not something you have to do. It's at the very top and past the city.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Has anyone or does anyone know anyone personally that has done Holy Cross on 33s or 35s?

98XJ06LJ

I ran it in my LJ in 2014 and it's on 35's. It is true that French Creek changes a little every year but I made it to the city without winching. Just take your time in FC and pick a good line. Starting left worked for me but that was three years ago. Holy Cross is definitely a top 5 trail in Colorado. Beautiful and a bucket list trail in my opinion.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I ran it in my LJ in 2014 and it's on 35's. It is true that French Creek changes a little every year but I made it to the city without winching. Just take your time in FC and pick a good line. Starting left worked for me but that was three years ago. Holy Cross is definitely a top 5 trail in Colorado. Beautiful and a bucket list trail in my opinion.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for the feedback.

aTX427

Has anyone or does anyone know anyone personally that has done Holy Cross on 33s or 35s?

You are good to go on. There is one off camber area that has a secondary line and coming out of French Creek has three different depending on what you are comfortable with. I didn't make it to Cleveland Rock last year due to snow, but it would be cool to check out. It's a great drive and has historical significance. Over 300 people lived there in the day. Something most will never witness.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SDG

Caught the Bug
I don't remember it being too difficult other than the last climb, which I assume is Cleveland rock. I will try and dig up some pics. The water crossing was fine, when we were leaving there was a group of beaters on their way across, that year it was as exciting as you wanted to make it.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Found a few pics, have to find the rest on the laptop if you want to see any others...

This was the last obstical. As I recall it was no joke even with 40s, but def optional.
FB_IMG_1516517678694.jpg

Bar non one of the most beautiful trails I have ever been on.
FB_IMG_1516517661931.jpeg

Great little hike at the end... Makes you really stop and think about the folks who once called this place home.

FB_IMG_1516517666263.jpeg

WJCO

Meme King
You are good to go on. There is one off camber area that has a secondary line and coming out of French Creek has three different depending on what you are comfortable with. I didn't make it to Cleveland Rock last year due to snow, but it would be cool to check out. It's a great drive and has historical significance. Over 300 people lived there in the day. Something most will never witness.

I don't remember it being too difficult other than the last climb, which I assume is Cleveland rock. I will try and dig up some pics. The water crossing was fine, when we were leaving there was a group of beaters on their way across, that year it was as exciting as you wanted to make it.

Found a few pics, have to find the rest on the laptop if you want to see any others...

This was the last obstical. As I recall it was no joke even with 40s, but def optional.

Bar non one of the most beautiful trails I have ever been on.

Great little hike at the end... Makes you really stop and think about the folks who once called this place home.

Thanks for the feedback and pics guys. I would likely not attempt that final obstacle. Although I have lockers, I chose to leave the wj front bumper on for a stock look and it really kills my approach angle on stuff that tall.

dillard09

I would have liked to have tried Clevland rock when I was there but there was a group of about 12 or so Tacos and a picture taker from Crawl magazine in front of us. By the time we had got to the the city and ate lunch they were up at Clevland and one of them had already flopped on his side. So we turned around and went back down. Here are the few pics I got.
20160811_151423.jpg 20160811_123956.jpg 20160811_132058.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Slimebones

Just getting caught up on this thread. Yes I have personally run this trail with a fellow member (acamp75) who was then on 35's, 4-door JKUR.(4 inch lift) He did not have any real problems navigating. Had a blast as I recall. Had a couple "difficult" spots, but that's what makes it interesting and fun.

WJCO

Meme King
I think we'll be around to do something. I try not to plan too far ahead for this time, just because you never know if snow will be melted. So far though, we've had a mellow winter.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I think we'll be around to do something. I try not to plan too far ahead for this time, just because you never know if snow will be melted. So far though, we've had a mellow winter.

Great! I understand not planning too far out, since weather can be unpredictable. We are visiting RMNP and I’m setting aside 1 day for jeeping, so I’m trying to take a gauge on interest.

WJCO

Meme King
Great! I understand not planning too far out, since weather can be unpredictable. We are visiting RMNP and I’m setting aside 1 day for jeeping, so I’m trying to take a gauge on interest.

When you do rmnp, try and do Old Fall River Road. It's an easy dirt trail but sure is pretty.

Top Bottom