Cooper 40s?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
They're for Moby although, now I'm really wanting a set for Rubicat too but her 37's are still looking new :crazyeyes:

How would you say the tread life is, on them? Discount Tire has 35" Duratracs on sale, within $2 of the Coopers. I was pleased with the tread life of the Duratrac, but I'm really interested in the STT Pro.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
How would you say the tread life is, on them? Discount Tire has 35" Duratracs on sale, within $2 of the Coopers. I was pleased with the tread life of the Duratrac, but I'm really interested in the STT Pro.

See post 12 Ddays, I'd say that's pretty damn good:

I can't believe how well these Coopers wear. I've got close to 20k on mine and I'm nowhere near halfway worn.

Ddays

Hooked
I can't read. Head slap! :p

I can't imagine any scenario that you would be disappointed with these tires. Honestly I've had them on every surface possible now - Snow/Ice/Rocks/Gravel/Mud and driven on them to Utah twice this year. Other than them getting louder as they get older (and every tire does that) I don't have a single complaint. It's also saying something that Eddie ordered up another set

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Yeah, 'aint that the truth? IF I lived somewhere that I could really take advantage of the 40's AND a DTD setup, that'd be one thing but I already bent a flange once with the 37's.
Its funny how used to your setup you get.... I should just go park next to a stock Sport at the dealership & that'd accomplish the same thing.
You want my real estate agents name?😀
There's your reason!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
You want my real estate agents name?😀
There's your reason!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

You have no idea Pete:(......This just came up this AM in talking to a customer that's also a Jeep nut. He's never been out West past Kansas. I showed him photos of my trip this past Summer & described the areas there - he's ready to move there.
If only man, if only....

08socalJK

I should be getting my set of 40s next week and can post the measurement. Not sure how long till they hit the tire shops but Cooper did just announce they are officially available

jkwebbie

Glad the OP had a friend who know a guy and was able to break the news about these 40s ....
Wish I could put them on my rig[emoji853]!

Haha I wish I could find them online so I can compare them to some others lol. Kinda want to know how much they weigh, tread depth, if I can get it in a 14.50 width, and the price obviously lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

R

RockyMtnAnvil

Just from my own experience of running both, go with the Cooper. The trail grapplers I ran had terrible radial pull. I didn't even realize it until I switched to the coopers.

I know this is way late and not quite on topic, but is the radial pull with the Trail Grapplers you speak of to the left or right? Would it matter which sidewall you have mounted outward?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know this is way late and not quite on topic, but is the radial pull with the Trail Grapplers you speak of to the left or right? Would it matter which sidewall you have mounted outward?

The pull is to the left and yes, if you install the tires with the triangulated shoulder lugs on the outside, the pull is a lot less.

Top Bottom