Cooper STT Pro vs Toyo vs Nitto

hobbse66

Just got my 285/70/r17 coopers on today. Obviously havent had much use but they are surprisingly quite on the highway. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472180659.555388.jpg

USMC Wrangler

As I've found out, the STT Pro's are not and likely will not be offered in 35x12.50x17.

This is the response I received from Cooper on Sunday about the Pro's...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472182075.768592.jpg

Heavyhaul07

I've ran the toyo's mts. Worked great even I. The snow. I have the older copper mt work great offroad I've beat mine hard side walls are good My opinion they suck I. The snow and ice. I have to drive very carefully in it. Even in 4wd. I've heard and read very good things about the stt pro. Even for snow and ice.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While I like Nittos and enough so that I was going to get them again, they were out of stock when I went to order them and I'm so glad that they were. I ended up getting Coopers instead and I like them so much better. Not only do they look way more aggressive, they hook up on the rocks way better in my opinion and they were way cheaper too. I literally got a set of 5 for the price of 4 Trail Grapplers. Also, as mentioned, the Coopers don't have the massive radial pull that my Nittos did. As soon as they're available in a 40, I'm getting a set for Moby!

JKRicky

While I like Nittos and enough so that I was going to get them again, they were out of stock when I went to order them and I'm so glad that they were. I ended up getting Coopers instead and I like them so much better. Not only do they look way more aggressive, they hook up on the rocks way better in my opinion and they were way cheaper too. I literally got a set of 5 for the price of 4 Trail Grapplers. Also, as mentioned, the Coopers don't have the massive radial pull that my Nittos did. As soon as they're available in a 40, I'm getting a set for Moby!

I know you haven't had them for a long time but really looking forward to your opinion on how they hold up long term. I really want to try a set but my jeep is also a DD so I need something that will last like my Toyos have.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know you haven't had them for a long time but really looking forward to your opinion on how they hold up long term. I really want to try a set but my jeep is also a DD so I need something that will last like my Toyos have.

It's really hard for me to knock Toyos as they've always done real well for me. I now have about 7,000 miles on my Coopers and what I can tell you is that they are louder on pavement than the Toyos but hook up way better on the rocks. They are also SUPERIOR in the snow and on ice and are without question, the best MT I've driven on in these conditions. So far, they seem to be wearing very well and maybe even a bit better than my 40" Toyos. I should note that the rubber compound on my 40" Toyos is not the same as what comes on the 37's.

Top Bottom