Cooper STT Pro vs Toyo vs Nitto

JAGS

Hooked
While I like Nittos and enough so that I was going to get them again, they were out of stock when I went to order them and I'm so glad that they were. I ended up getting Coopers instead and I like them so much better. Not only do they look way more aggressive, they hook up on the rocks way better in my opinion and they were way cheaper too. I literally got a set of 5 for the price of 4 Trail Grapplers. Also, as mentioned, the Coopers don't have the massive radial pull that my Nittos did. As soon as they're available in a 40, I'm getting a set for Moby!

It's really hard for me to knock Toyos as they've always done real well for me. I now have about 7,000 miles on my Coopers and what I can tell you is that they are louder on pavement than the Toyos but hook up way better on the rocks. They are also SUPERIOR in the snow and on ice and are without question, the best MT I've driven on in these conditions. So far, they seem to be wearing very well and maybe even a bit better than my 40" Toyos. I should note that the rubber compound on my 40" Toyos is not the same as what comes on the 37's.

Man. I'm really going back and forth on these as my next set. I've got the trail grapplers now and essentially would need to buy four as I never rotated in my spare. Decisions....decisions.

Petzl88

Man. I'm really going back and forth on these as my next set. I've got the trail grapplers now and essentially would need to buy four as I never rotated in my spare. Decisions....decisions.

Why don't you just buy 3 new ones and put in your unused spare as a new one? And keep the tire that is in the best shape/most tread as a spare? [emoji109]

Scottyjeep76

I've had my Coopers on for 3 months now, drove to Drummond Island, Badlands and Redbird (I live in the Midwest).They handle great on road! Offroad their awesome in the mud and on rocks! I run them at 8psi and the sidewall is stiff, but the tire flexes beautifully over the terrain.
I will buy these again when they ware out! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473213962.310419.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473213993.988799.jpg

Eugene the Jeep

I have running the Cooper ST MAXX for about 7 months and have about 10k on them. I have rotated them at 5k with very little tread wear they are less aggressive them the st/pros. They are really quite, do very well on and off road and in the Florida down pours, no idea about how well they do on rocks.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Now i have another tire to consider. Looking at 35s and durable on and offroad.

Not gonna do BFG ATs again as the rocks chewed them up. Good tire otherwise, till they get old and hard like on my truck.

Was thinking MT Baja ATZs. I like the light weight Duratracs but fear they wont last. I like quieter for daily use and lighter for gas (i know my jeep likes gas anyway). Wife likes the fierce attitude (duratrac clone with no warranty - stopped me from getting them 3 years ago).

Wheels are another issue :)

JAGS

Hooked
Why don't you just buy 3 new ones and put in your unused spare as a new one? And keep the tire that is in the best shape/most tread as a spare? [emoji109]

Because that would seem to make a lot of sense. [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23]

I suppose that is another option to consider. [emoji106]

Heavyhaul07

While I like Nittos and enough so that I was going to get them again, they were out of stock when I went to order them and I'm so glad that they were. I ended up getting Coopers instead and I like them so much better. Not only do they look way more aggressive, they hook up on the rocks way better in my opinion and they were way cheaper too. I literally got a set of 5 for the price of 4 Trail Grapplers. Also, as mentioned, the Coopers don't have the massive radial pull that my Nittos did. As soon as they're available in a 40, I'm getting a set for Moby!

Are they they stt pros Eddie?

BCjku

I've used them in a 37. Couldn't be happier. Highway, mud, rocks, trees. They've held up better than any other tire I've had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wethy

Yes, Discoverer STT Pros.

Just a question regarding your experience in the snow. How would you compare them to something like a duratracs in the winter? When my 285's wear out I'm considering the STT Pros in 315/70/17 as a year round tire but the other option I have contemplated is; keeping the duratracs as winter tires and buying 315/35's in a trail grappler and so I'm interested to hear your opinion. I do understand the cooper is a mud tire and the duratracs is an AT but was wondering your personal experiences and recommendations

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just a question regarding your experience in the snow. How would you compare them to something like a duratracs in the winter? When my 285's wear out I'm considering the STT Pros in 315/70/17 as a year round tire but the other option I have contemplated is; keeping the duratracs as winter tires and buying 315/35's in a trail grappler and so I'm interested to hear your opinion. I do understand the cooper is a mud tire and the duratracs is an AT but was wondering your personal experiences and recommendations

There really is no comparison between a good AT in the snow and an MT. This is why I specifically said that the Coopers were the best "MT" I have ever driven on in the snow and ice and it really is. A tire like a Duratrac has a ton more siping on its lugs and they will act like fingernails on the slick stuff. Does that help?

Top Bottom