COWBOY COUNTRY - an Epic Off Road Adventure Across Northeastern Nevada

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone, I'm glad you enjoyed the trip report :cool:

Pretty cool trip, seems like you guys covered a lot of ground and man what scenery and as always tons of history! Thanks for sharing!

The amount of miles we covered was epic and gas was really tight. We did bring extra gas knowing as much but fortunately, none of it was needed.

Thank you for taking us along for the ride on this incredible history tour. Your outstanding photos along with the captions make me feel like I was with you in the passenger seat. I'm going to have to go back and re read this again so I can soak it all in. :rock:

This reminds me of the air mail marker sory you did. That was my favorite to date but this will rival it. :clap2:

We are fortunate in Arizona to have a ton of old mines and history as well. Fortunately I have been to much out it many years ago as for some reason the BLM has wiped out many of our historic ghost towns.

I'm so glad to hear you enjoy these adventures. Back in the day, we've done a lot of exploring out in your neck of the woods but as you've noted, it seems like more and more of it is getting shut down out there. Really sucks.

nice trip ........................as always enjoy the good bit of history you toss into it ..

Honestly, it's the history of these places that make us want to visit them. To think that so much of what you see out there looks exactly the same as it did when emigrants and prospectors first came out there over 150 years ago.

Awesome trip! Looks like a blast!

Thanks. Looks like you had a hell of a trip too. :yup:

Wow! Looks like it was amazing trip. Can't believe how green so much of it was, I've been up that way hunting in the fall and it is so brown. Thanks for the trip report so we can live vicariously through your adventures. :thumb:

No kidding - I've been up there in the winter and it was so white. :crazyeyes: :D
In all seriousness, seeing it all green like this was pretty amazing. We missed the mule ears in bloom but there was still plenty of wildflowers to be seen.

Looks like an awesome trip. So cool that you found real geodes. I've looked for years with no luck.

It was a first for us and trust me, we've been looking for them for quite some time. Hell, even the few we found took a lot of work but it was a ton of fun. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What an awesome documentary. You guys never cease to amaze me with your tours. I had no idea we had so many beautiful areas in our back yard. Glad Tony and Steph were able to make the trek. Thanks for sharing

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it. As far as our backyard goes, I always laugh when people tell me there's nothing to see here :crazyeyes:

All great pics! Day 2 wild flower pics are amazing!

Thank you. We were afraid that we might be too late to catch the wildflowers but as luck would have it, there were still plenty to go around :yup:

Awesome trip! Glad you got to see great historic sights around Elko. As well, enjoying lamoille canyon! Jiggs bar is always Good Friday spot after work. I should be checking out Jarbridge with a group at the end of august.

Good times, tons to see and fun as hell saloons out that way for sure. :thumb:

Looks and sounds like an amazing weekend! The two dollar lake sites looks awesome! I'd love to check that out someday.

Great story telling! Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. I wish I was there with you guys of course but reading about your travels gave me a little part to enjoy with you all. Cheers! [emoji482]

I know you and Ray are swamped right now but if you ever can find the time, we'd love to have you join us :yup:

Wow. An amazing and really diverse 800 miles. Would have never appreciated all the different landscapes in Nevada! Beautiful pics!

What's crazy is that the 800 miles was just from where we started in Winnemucca to where we ended in Tonopah. If you add in the the drive out there and back, we did a lot more miles and even more so for Tony and Steph. Nevada is full of surprises. :cool:

What began as a conversation between Cindy and Steph about a trip to North East Nevada led to a bucket list of cool destinations.

Thanks again Eddie and Cindy for planning a truly awesome adventure! We had a blast!

Looking forward to the next one...

Well let me tell ya, I'm so glad that the girls got talking because this turned out to be one hell of a great trip! So looking forward to doing more like it in the near future :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What a great trip with so many cool sights! Thanks for sharing. I've really enjoyed seeing the many aspects of Nevada... in person and via your other travels.

Thanks! I'm so glad that you and Amy have been able to join us on some our adventures and yes, there's more to Nevada than just Vegas. :crazyeyes:

Looks like a total blast. I'm going to have to head out and explore that area one day. A coworker of mine born and raised in So-Cal took a seasonal job in Midas, NV. Boy was he shocked when he got there. Thanks for sharing your adventures. Hopefully we can all meet up. It's been too long.

LOL!! I'll bet it was a shock for your co-worker to find himself out in the middle of nowhere :cheesy:
Yes, it really has been way too long and I do hope we can hook up in the near future. :yup:

Thanks for sharing! That looks like it was great fun and an awesome adventure!

It was and what we really need to do is get you and Loren out there with us again. :thumb:

As always, fantastic photos and write-up of your adventures! I cannot wait to get out there soon!

That time is coming for sure. Cindy and I look forward to the day when you can join us for one of these :thumb:

Wow those mountain photos are amazing! So green and full of flowers! That natural spring is amazing as well. I'm glad that it was preserved. Looks absolutely amazing in pics and can only imagine how beautiful it is in person!

Thanks for amazing story telling and the pics Cindy and eddie! Glad you got to spend it with Tony and Steph!

It really was a great time to be out visiting these places and yes, Big Warm Springs was unreal. The water was unnaturally blue and no surprise, warm :crazyeyes:
Be great if you could join us on a trip to some of these places in the future. :yup:

I love Nevada, great pictures of a great State. If you guys ever want to mess around in the mid western part of Nevada I can show you some cool scenery and ghost towns. Thanks again for letting us enjoy your trip.

Hey Dennis, that would be awesome. Cindy and I have done a lot of exploring out in your neck of the woods but I have little doubt you could show us things that we would never guess exists :yup:

Awesome trip report, and great pictures and write up as always :thumb::thumb:

Thanks! Gotta try and stay on top of my game after seeing some of your trip reports :thumb:

Thanks for the great post! These are such awesome treats for someone who has never been to these areas of the country. *sigh* Someday!

Well, if you can ever make it out this way, let me know and we'll try to fix that for ya. :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This makes me want to consider changing my upcoming Colorado trip to be a Nevada trip.

LOL!! There's tons to see out in Colorado too. :yup:

Always love the pics but I enjoy the narrative and history lesson as well. Thanks for posting!

So glad that you enjoy the history of all these places.

Thats it... Im moving to the west coast......

Well, technically, all this is pretty far from the "coast" but there is a lot to see between there and here :D

Wow, amazing pictures and so much history behind all the places you visited. Thanks for sharing.. really enjoyed this thread.

Glad you liked it. Hope you and Chelly can join us on a trip again in the future :yup:

Great photos, and story! Looks like it was another fun trip. Nevada certainly is beautiful, and interesting.

It was great that you and Mandy were able to see some of it. Maybe someday we can show the two of you around some of these hidden gems :yup:

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
Thank you, Looked like a great trip. Living out here in the flat lands where there is nothing it is always great to read about your trips and hoping that I can come out there someday and enjoy them. :thumb:

DMF

I share all your trip reports to all my "outdoor adventure buddies" and they all love it as much as I do. Thanks for another trip report :thumb:

Desert Crawler

I knew I should of flipped a U turn on the Hwy when I saw you headed east! While I have been in much of the area you covered I must put down Taylor Canyon Club as one of the places I need to visit. Thanks for all the photos.

JeepDad17

Thanks for sharing, looks like an amazing adventure! I'd love to take my boys on trips like this; how do you plan these out? Where do you find these trails? Do you use a specific app or book to navigate your way? Thanks

wow, that trip looks incredible. those photos want me to get back on the trails asap. thank you for sharing such a great trip

sc_rhino

Having just driven through northeastern Nevada from Twin Falls to Ely and down to St George, I had no idea it was so mountainous. And it's hard to grasp how vast this part of the country is.

Top Bottom