Cozdude's build of Knuckles

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just ordered a new set of front and rear pro grip pads from dynatrac tonight. Super easy and painless ordering as you would expect from them. I will post pics of how worn down they are when I replace them and how many miles are on the pads

WJCO

Meme King
Just ordered a new set of front and rear pro grip pads from dynatrac tonight. Super easy and painless ordering as you would expect from them. I will post pics of how worn down they are when I replace them and how many miles are on the pads

Interested to hear the mileage on them. I did progrip fronts and ebc rears on mine and the rear ebc pads went metal to metal about 2 weeks ago (very low mileage). Different application for sure, but still interested in your wear results on yours.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Interested to hear the mileage on them. I did progrip fronts and ebc rears on mine and the rear ebc pads went metal to metal about 2 weeks ago (very low mileage). Different application for sure, but still interested in your wear results on yours.

Yea I’m gonna have to do some research as to how many miles I had when I threw them on. It’s been almost two years since install.

I know that the jk is naturally rear biased. I had stock pads before wear out in 25k miles back when I first got knuckles.

Ddays

Hooked

How did your front rotors wear? Mine were excellent. And my pads ended up having around 30k on them and the rears were only miles from going metal on metal.

Yea I’m gonna have to do some research as to how many miles I had when I threw them on. It’s been almost two years since install.

I know that the jk is naturally rear biased. I had stock pads before wear out in 25k miles back when I first got knuckles.

Be curious how yours wore as well. I was going to have mine put on a lathe to see how they were wearing but the looked so good I didn't bother.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

How did your front rotors wear? Mine were excellent. And my pads ended up having around 30k on them and the rears were only miles from going metal on metal.

Be curious how yours wore as well. I was going to have mine put on a lathe to see how they were wearing but the looked so good I didn't bother.

Just did a little research. I installed the pro grips on 12/23/16. My next post was almost a month later when I changed my spark plugs at 63k miles. Being that I’m just shy 75k and taking in account driving I’m gonna say I have about 13-15k miles on the pads. I will post accurate brake measurements when I take the pads off next week.

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
Just did a little research. I installed the pro grips on 12/23/16. My next post was almost a month later when I changed my spark plugs at 63k miles. Being that I’m just shy 75k and taking in account driving I’m gonna say I have about 13-15k miles on the pads. I will post accurate brake measurements when I take the pads off next week.

Really interested in this as well, my set just showed up today, my fronts still look new but rears are at the squeal stage so grabbed 2 sets of those. And totally agree with the ease of ordering through dynatrac.

Flat Top

I just replaced my ProGrip rear pads this summer, I got just over 27K out of them. The fronts are still looking good, dusty as hell but still plenty thick.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Got a goodie box yesterday
Image1542462757.226451.jpg
Front and rear pads showed up
Image1542462781.238295.jpg

Will hopefully do my brakes on Monday or Tuesday this week and take some comparison shots.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So I got around to doing the brake pads on knuckles last night after I was done work. I started up front. After 15k-ish miles on them the fronts were still in good shape and had plenty of material left as you can see in the pics below.
6/32
IMG_9821.jpg
10/32
IMG_9820.jpg

As for the rears you can see I was down to only 3/32 material left.
IMG_9822.jpg

Naturally being a dumb ass I forgot to take a pic of what the rear thickness is out of the box :doh: but I would assume that they are about 10/32 as well like the fronts.

As for the rotors, they were not warped or grooved. All I did was spray them down with brake clean, take some sand paper to them in a non directional pattern to create a new surface, and spray them back down with brake clean.

WJCO

Meme King
So I got around to doing the brake pads on knuckles last night after I was done work.....

Good to see. So did you just leave the front alone or did you replace the pads?

I've got about 5K on my fronts (I think) and I just had the wheel off yesterday and they look like they're about 75% left. I hope I get a decent amount of time on them.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Good to see. So did you just leave the front alone or did you replace the pads?

I've got about 5K on my fronts (I think) and I just had the wheel off yesterday and they look like they're about 75% left. I hope I get a decent amount of time on them.

Replaced them. Figured I mine as well when I had it apart. Gonna keep them tho just Incase I need them for some reason.

Brute

Hooked
That's either a really good thing...or a bad thing...(think coming home 4 hours late at night hoping everyone is asleep)...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
No real update. Just looked over the jeep today to make sure everything was good. Adjusted the fox steering stabilizer so it sat in the middle of its stroke. Also aligned knuckles after I was done work. I think my toe was out just a little

Before
56928626338__048B2640-3D5F-4369-9532-AE72710337FD.jpg
And after
56928627380__3A3A3ADC-9C11-4A6F-BCE8-6DC979460D85.jpg

Still need to grind off rust on my evo sliders and repaint them. Really wish I never ordered them pre powder coated back in the day. The place evo used to use is shit

Top Bottom