Cozdude's build of Knuckles

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
That’s a great shine! I’m going to have to give a clay bar a go.

The clay bars main purpose is to remove all the dirt and fallout that has getten in the pours of the paint. Mainly wanna use it before you do paint correction. In this case I used to so that fresh wax could be applied. The wax is where all the shine is coming from honestly.

Ddays

Hooked
Those clay bars are the shit. I'd never used one til last year and it's unbelievable how much junk they pull out of the finish. Knuckles is looking sharp!

MericaMade

Those clay bars are the shit. I'd never used one til last year and it's unbelievable how much junk they pull out of the finish. Knuckles is looking sharp!

I have never used a clay bar before. Will it remove over spray paint, trail graphics, or dents lol?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So recently I have been having a clunking thru the steering wheel on turns. I thought initially it was the trackbar due to it having 76k miles on it and a blown bushing. Replacing it did help but didn’t alleviate the issue. So I climbed under it last week and found that the drag link has play in it as well at the pitman arm. So I Ordered up a new crown rhd drag link from Quadratec.

After work I threw knuckles up on the alignment rack to do the swap. When I climb under I found what I believe to be my real issue......

IMG_0540.jpg
IMG_0539.jpg
IMG_0542.jpg

The dynatrac “factory” trackbar mount is cracked and split in 3 different spots on my pr44. I called dynatrac and submitted a claim for potential warranty. My axle is about 4 years old now so idk if it will be covered but here is to hoping.

RCVRY

So recently I have been having a clunking thru the steering wheel on turns. I thought initially it was the trackbar due to it having 76k miles on it and a blown bushing. Replacing it did help but didn’t alleviate the issue. So I climbed under it last week and found that the drag link has play in it as well at the pitman arm. So I Ordered up a new crown rhd drag link from Quadratec.

After work I threw knuckles up on the alignment rack to do the swap. When I climb under I found what I believe to be my real issue......

View attachment 329705
View attachment 329706
View attachment 329707

The dynatrac “factory” trackbar mount is cracked and split in 3 different spots on my pr44. I called dynatrac and submitted a claim for potential warranty. My axle is about 4 years old now so idk if it will be covered but here is to hoping.

That’s clearly not a full pen weld. Not that I can do better but good rep on quality specs. I’d be interested how QC/QA records are maintained. That may impact your warranty claim. Not trying to be Sharkey (market opp) but I’d be curious on their test records.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Yeah, that sucks. I found a bad weld on my mount as well but I don't think it was a Dynatrac weld, I think it was done at NR4x4. Regardless, I had all of them checked & that was the only one. Hope Dynatrac fixes you up.
(You didn't make fun of the Codex Phase 3 build did you? :dont_tell:)

Top Bottom