Cozdude's build of Knuckles

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Wow, crazy. Hope they take care of it

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yea I hope so as well. If not they do sell the bracket. I just hope I don’t have to go that route of buying one.
That’s clearly not a full pen weld. Not that I can do better but good rep on quality specs. I’d be interested how QC/QA records are maintained. That may impact your warranty claim. Not trying to be Sharkey (market opp) but I’d be curious on their test records.

Some of the not so great welds are from a shop welding on the evo raised trackbar bracket for me. Not the best welds but they work. I will be going elsewhere when I need a new bracket welded on
Honestly makes me not want to buy the PR44

It’s a great axle and has worked well for a long time. This will be the first issue I have had with it.
Wow. That's crazy. Hope they take care of it.
Me too.
Yeah, that sucks. I found a bad weld on my mount as well but I don't think it was a Dynatrac weld, I think it was done at NR4x4. Regardless, I had all of them checked & that was the only one. Hope Dynatrac fixes you up.
(You didn't make fun of the Codex Phase 3 build did you? :dont_tell:)
[emoji23][emoji23] yes and for good reason. I will stand behind the axle build tho. Let’s hope they warranty it so I feel safe driving my jeep again. Haven’t driven it since I washed it cause of this.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So recently I have been having a clunking thru the steering wheel on turns. I thought initially it was the trackbar due to it having 76k miles on it and a blown bushing. Replacing it did help but didn’t alleviate the issue. So I climbed under it last week and found that the drag link has play in it as well at the pitman arm. So I Ordered up a new crown rhd drag link from Quadratec.

After work I threw knuckles up on the alignment rack to do the swap. When I climb under I found what I believe to be my real issue......

The dynatrac “factory” trackbar mount is cracked and split in 3 different spots on my pr44. I called dynatrac and submitted a claim for potential warranty. My axle is about 4 years old now so idk if it will be covered but here is to hoping.

Sucks. I've seen this a LOT and have had to deal with it multiple times on the trail. Good thing you caught it before it tore off. Unfortunately, the problem is the track bar relocation bracket acts like a lever and eventually causes the track bar mount on the axle to fatigue and fail. When you get these cracks welded back up, you should have the track bar relocation bracket burned in as well. This is what I had done back when I was running the same setup.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Sucks. I've seen this a LOT and have had to deal with it multiple times on the trail. Good thing you caught it before it tore off. Unfortunately, the problem is the track bar relocation bracket acts like a lever and eventually causes the track bar mount on the axle to fatigue and fail. When you get these cracks welded back up, you should have the track bar relocation bracket burned in as well. This is what I had done back when I was running the same setup.

Well good to know that it’s a common thing but it’s a little scary as well.

The evo bracket it already welded on, kinda poorly, but still welded. I’m prob gonna but it off and get the hydro bracket evo sells and get someone better to weld it on.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Well at work I had one of the body shop guys weld the bracket back together for me. Not pretty weld but they will do.
IMG_0544.jpg

Knuckles felt a lot better on the ride home as well.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Nothing really special but finally got around to installing a new crown drag link. The factory end at the pitman arm was shot so decided to replace both sides.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Man knuckles looks weird with stock fenders on
IMG_0712.jpg

Was going to cut them but the air saw I borrowed from work doesn’t really work with how little air pressure the arb provides

Top Bottom