Crash Bar Delete

jkrossi

Just cut it off and weld a nice fat ass piece off square stock from frame rail to frame rail. That way there will be some thing plus if you drop off a rock or slide into a rock aint shit going to happen.

BBrown626

Be careful with that. If you ever get into a front end collision, and sustain injuries that you want the insurance companies to pay for, their investigators can deny the claim. If you are going to cut it off, you should have a very good reason to do so.

I actually think this is a good solution. Found a site that sells tons and tons of plastic nuts and bolts (out of different materials) and think they will definitely have what I need. The bushwackers are light enough where I think it won't cause an issue for daily driving, only an impact insurance policy. I don't think I'd use these with steel fenders.

Can you share the text of your insurance policy that addresses crash bar removal and flat fenders?

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Flat fenders won't be blamed for any injuries because the stocks are plastics as well and are held by plastic clips. Removing anything that has to do with "strength" or "crash related" items can be used against you in a claim. Claim denials can happen for a slew of reasons and it's in everyone's policy. Adding items (like steel grab handles) can also be used to deny a claim if say you were injured in an accident and had a head injury from it.

pastorwug

Considering my mother was the attorney and I was helping her with everything technical Id say I have experience in this but you can go ahead and cut your bar off. No sweat off my back, I could care less but will laugh when the insurance company denies you a 150k medical bill.

I really doubt that you would laugh if anyone had a 150k medical claim as the result of a denied Insurance claim, irrespective of reason.

BBrown626

Flat fenders won't be blamed for any injuries because the stocks are plastics as well and are held by plastic clips. Removing anything that has to do with "strength" or "crash related" items can be used against you in a claim. Claim denials can happen for a slew of reasons and it's in everyone's policy. Adding items (like steel grab handles) can also be used to deny a claim if say you were injured in an accident and had a head injury from it.

So you don't have anything in your policy to support your post? If you did it might be enlightening. Absent some support it sounds like the sky is falling.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
So you don't have anything in your policy to support your post? If you did it might be enlightening. Absent some support it sounds like the sky is falling.

Look, if you are gonna troll, then there is no point of discussing anything. You really think in your policy it will state "if you cut out the bumper support we will not cover any claims?" I don't really know why this is an argument. Clearly you don't believe me, fine. Look it up for yourself. Call your insurance carrier and ask them if you remove your bumper support will they possibly deny claims? I merely posted that people are aware of this and act accordingly. I'm not selling anything here. You are arguing for the sake of arguing. Grab your own insurance policy and read their 50 pages of clauses for claim denials.

BBrown626

Look, if you are gonna troll, then there is no point of discussing anything. You really think in your policy it will state "if you cut out the bumper support we will not cover any claims?" I don't really know why this is an argument. Clearly you don't believe me, fine. Look it up for yourself. Call your insurance carrier and ask them if you remove your bumper support will they possibly deny claims? I merely posted that people are aware of this and act accordingly. I'm not selling anything here. You are arguing for the sake of arguing. Grab your own insurance policy and read their 50 pages of clauses for claim denials.

Troll? I am just asking if you have anything to substantiate your statement. I am curious. While it probably doesn't state "if you cut out the bumper support we will not cover any claims" I didn't ask you to demonstrate that. I simply asked if you share the text of your insurance policy that addresses crash bar removal and flat fenders. There might be something in there about modifications to the frame or safety gear. That seams reasonable. What do you have?

You can't keep posting messages that attempt to scare people out of modifying their Jeep because their insurance claims will be denied and then offer nothing to support your case. Do you have first hand information?

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'd be interested in if any of the Jeeps on the JKX had their crash bars removed?

That flimsy piece of metal hanging down and held on by a thin little weld is off mine, and was off during the 2012 JKX. :eek: I replaced it with a big ass steel bumber though.

Things one may learn from this thread...

1) insurance companies will try to deny your claim any way they can
2) you need to know your rights and be willing to fight back
3) you don't need to be an attorney to do #2
4) any attorney that lives in NYC and only charges $300/hr is probably a shitty attorney and will not be of any use anyway. :cheesy:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Troll? I am just asking if you have anything to substantiate your statement. I am curious. While it probably doesn't state "if you cut out the bumper support we will not cover any claims" I didn't ask you to demonstrate that. I simply asked if you share the text of your insurance policy that addresses crash bar removal and flat fenders. There might be something in there about modifications to the frame or safety gear. That seams reasonable. What do you have?

You can't keep posting messages that attempt to scare people out of modifying their Jeep because their insurance claims will be denied and then offer nothing to support your case. Do you have first hand information?

I already stated that I was involved in two separate cases. One was body damage claim denial when the adjuster noticed the bumper reinforcement bar was missing (he saw an intercooler) and denied the claim based on the fact that the damage was extremely extensive due to the removal of the bar, and the second case was with an Acura Rsx where the owner replaced the OEM airbag equipped steering wheel with a racing wheel (no airbag) and suffered a fractured nose. If you are genuinely interested when I get home I can check my policy and post up the relevant info. I'm not trying to scare anyone out of modding. Hell I mod myself. Just wanted people to be informed. Some mods are not worth it to some that's all.

pvanweelden

I guess I should have read this thread before I took my hardtop off...
:eek:

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
That flimsy piece of metal hanging down and held on by a thin little weld is off mine, and was off during the 2012 JKX. :eek: I replaced it with a big ass steel bumber though.

Things one may learn from this thread...

1) insurance companies will try to deny your claim any way they can
2) you need to know your rights and be willing to fight back
3) you don't need to be an attorney to do #2
4) any attorney that lives in NYC and only charges $300/hr is probably a shitty attorney and will not be of any use anyway. :cheesy:

Partners in NYC in a medium sized firm bill out at about $600. A 4th year will bill out at 250-400. $1000 an hour partners are only at big law and even now, big companies don't want to pay that. And for the record, the $300 an hour I was talking about a collision expert.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Considering my mother was the attorney and I was helping her with everything technical Id say I have experience in this but you can go ahead and cut your bar off. No sweat off my back, I could care less but will laugh when the insurance company denies you a 150k medical bill.

My bar has been cut off for a while an replaced with something a million times stronger. But thanks for your concern. :thumb:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
My bar has been cut off for a while an replaced with something a million times stronger. But thanks for your concern. :thumb:

In all fairness, I was addressing the OPs question. As far as you are concerned, since you have a stronger replacement they wouldn't really have a leg to stand on to deny your claim.

pvanweelden

In all fairness, I was addressing the OPs question. As far as you are concerned, since you have a stronger replacement they wouldn't really have a leg to stand on to deny your claim.

The OP clearly has an aftermarket bumper in his picture, and then you say this ^

What exactly is your arguement here?

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

In all fairness the crash bar offers not structural support so it wouldn't matter if a stronger bumper had been installed or not.

(Not being a dick, just saying)

Top Bottom