Crash Bar Delete

rinkishjk

Isn't the so called "crash bar" simply a mount for the splash guard?? Does removing the splash guard violate the insurance policy also?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Isn't the so called "crash bar" simply a mount for the splash guard?? Does removing the splash guard violate the insurance policy also?

Among those in the insurance industry it's called the "cash bar" for the obvious reasons. ;)

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Sounds like a fun case to me. Insurance bad faith claims are great; prevailing insureds get increased damages and attorney fees.

Although MTG was just trying to insert some levity into the situation, he was pretty much spot on.

This whole discussion is about as fruitful as talking about whether your lift will void your warranty. Can your insurance company attempt to deny coverage because you forgot to wipe your ass? Of course. Can they get away with it? Only if you let them.

I'd take my insurance company to the mat any day of the week if they denied coverage because of a non-structural "crash" bar. That's right up there with denying coverage because aftermarket bumpers don't have "crash" cans like the OEM bumper.

Shoot, do we all have to send you a check now that we read this?

rinkishjk

My crash bar is now referred to as a "Stinger".....

Well mine never came with one. It wasn't on my" build sheet", nor did my salesman discus this safety option with me. I think I might need to file a complaint with the nhtsa now over this! :what:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I know I feel safer now with my 1/4 pounder and stinger than I did with the stock bumper and "crash bar". Also hit that thing a few times when i was wheeling stock. Havnt even touched the bottom of my bumper since cutting it off.

pastorwug

The reason why its lopped off for clearance and its useless. If you run almost any aftermarket bumper its a piece of metal hanging down looking way out of place. You can swing your electric swaybar up and out of the way. Can go with bumpers like the LOD stinger/ stubby that makes a skid which will fit just for that. I like clearance myself......

Do you know of a work-up or instructions for swinging your DISCO up and out of the way?
Maybe you can show mew tonight in Clovis?

2007 JKU

Banned
I vote this as the biggest derail of a thread I've seen in a long time.

OP asked how many cut it off and got free legal advice in return.:grayno:

cis911

Lol ok so I'm not going to give the op free legal advice hahaha but I will tell you I did cut mine off along with 2.5" (I think) of the front frame to mount my poison spyder bfh competition stinger bumper. Kick ass bumper btw

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1380309990204.jpg
    1380309990204.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 219

P33J_JK

ding ding ding we have a winner... The very thin sheet metal "crash bar" is what the plastic front "air dam" attaches to.

StrizzyChris

Do you know of a work-up or instructions for swinging your DISCO up and out of the way?
Maybe you can show mew tonight in Clovis?

I had a few PM's about this, and I have been doing a ton of traveling and work so haven't been on much the last few weeks. In my EVO 1/4 pounder install write-up there's info on how to do the flip HERE FOR FREE, and how to remove the "crash bar"...but I also posted a more detailed pic of how to modify the motor for the flip in my build thread right HERE . Super easy to do...

Top Bottom