Crawler Conceptz front bumpers

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
So what is the real difference between crawler conceptz and poison spyder? I read somewhere that it's the same designer? Which is why they look so similar? I'm thinking about about going with one of their front bumpers but haven't heard much about them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

IMG_1479381188.784621.jpg
I think the designer worked for Poison Spider and started his own after they sold out.

Jeep with stuff on it. [emoji631]

desertrunner

I think the designer worked for Poison Spider and started his own after they sold out.

Jeep with stuff on it. [emoji631]

so is poison spyder stuff now being made in china?

Im assuming CC is all USA made stuff right? Thats a great looking bumper by the way i think im going to pull the trigger on one of there bumpers. hows the quality of the welds on yours?

Got a side shot of that bumper yet? im curious how far it sticks out

Last edited:

Draconianwinter

Im assuming CC is all USA made stuff right? Thats a great looking bumper by the way i think im going to pull the trigger on one of there bumpers. hows the quality of the welds on yours?

No psc is not made in China. Add of right now all of their metal products are still being made here. Granted that may change we all know how that goes.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

Good to know thanks

Sent from my SM-T810 using WAYALIFE mobile app
You're welcome. Some of the people on here hate PSC because the owner sold them to 4wheel parts. I have heard them called sellouts and worse lol. The fact is the owner wanted to retire, and let's face it they have been in business a while. It sucks that they are owned by this group, but for now like I said they are all made here like always. According to psc when I called that was not going to change, but again you know as well as I do how that can go. Until then I plan on using their products to outfit my jeep.

Rubicon310

Quality of welds are amazing. I showed the bumper to a fabricator friend of mine and he was blown away with the quality of the bumper. The powder cost shop owner was also impressed, more specifically at the quality And neatness of the "dime stacks" as he called the welds. I'm really happy with the bumper and can't wait to post pictures of it installed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You're welcome. Some of the people on here hate PSC because the owner sold them to 4wheel parts. I have heard them called sellouts and worse lol. The fact is the owner wanted to retire, and let's face it they have been in business a while. It sucks that they are owned by this group, but for now like I said they are all made here like always. According to psc when I called that was not going to change, but again you know as well as I do how that can go. Until then I plan on using their products to outfit my jeep.

Clifton was the original owner of Poison Spyder and Larry bought it after it fell into hard times. He didn't have it that long before Transamerican bought it from him and as you may or may not know, he's no longer with the company at all. Also, only some of their products are still made here. This is not to say they don't make nice products and I just bought a set of their rocker guards for my CJ5.

Draconianwinter

Clifton was the original owner of Poison Spyder and Larry bought it after it fell into hard times. He didn't have it that long before Transamerican bought it from him and as you may or may not know, he's no longer with the company at all. Also, only some of their products are still made here. This is not to say they don't make nice products and I just bought a set of their rocker guards for my CJ5.
Damm so the new owners already starting to move things huh? Well figured it would happen just didn't think it would be this quickly well guess I will be calling psc before I get ready to buy a new rear bumper because if it ain't made here I ain't buying it from then. At that point I will just go with lod

mojave5

I run a crawler conceptz front and rear skinny bumper. Both require cutting of the frame a bit and it really wasn't that bad. I personally like the extra approach and departure angle I got out of it and am impressed with all the crawler conceptz products I have.

Just make sure it's right for you and that you're happy with it! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Yeah i really liked all the poison spyder products i had in the past (rock brawler lite front and BFH front stinger, and their rock skins) i was looking into going with another front bumper of theirs but their roack brawler stinger will not fit a power plant without drilling new holes and the Crawler Conceptz one will which is exactly why i was wanting to go with CC this time around and they look pretty much the same which i like, And its good to hear that CC is made here in the good ol USA which is another selling point for me, And awesome that CC makes good quality products! Looks like my mind might be made up! thanks for the info on the CC stuff! :thumb:

Draconianwinter

Yeah i really liked all the poison spyder products i had in the past (rock brawler lite front and BFH front stinger, and their rock skins) i was looking into going with another front bumper of theirs but their roack brawler stinger will not fit a power plant without drilling new holes and the Crawler Conceptz one will which is exactly why i was wanting to go with CC this time around and they look pretty much the same which i like, And its good to hear that CC is made here in the good ol USA which is another selling point for me, And awesome that CC makes good quality products! Looks like my mind might be made up! thanks for the info on the CC stuff! :thumb:
Yeah I agree. I have the brawler lite with brawler bar and mounted a warn vr10000 to it. Love the bumper have the skid waiting at home to be put on but when I test fitted it it doesn't clear my crash bar. So I get to cut it off this weekend lol

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug

IMG_1479416230.402295.jpg
Welds are pretty sexy. I will get a side view later. It doesn't stick out too far.
IMG_1479422148.424902.jpg
Side view
IMG_1479422182.539667.jpg
Driver view.

Last edited:

wrbrd

Damm so the new owners already starting to move things huh? Well figured it would happen just didn't think it would be this quickly well guess I will be calling psc before I get ready to buy a new rear bumper because if it ain't made here I ain't buying it from then. At that point I will just go with lod

Crawler conceptz is owned by Shad and he used to be the manager of poison spyder. Larry must have retired and sold poison spyder. You will be amazed how many companies have China build the parts then add some components here and claim it to be made in the USA. Look up Alibi.com and go to automotive then look for suspension! Click some of the different companies and see what they have without brands and some have the nuts to say actual company names.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MericaMade

I am liking the CC ultra bumper attached. I saw this bumper at the Off Road Expo and fell in love with it but then when I see pictures online it seems way too big? Anyone running this bumper and have pro or cons?

I wanted Evo 1/4 pounder but I would prefer a mid bar and not the stinger and when I called they said they can't do that? 20180930_120522.jpg

Top Bottom