Cutting Full Mopar doors into Half doors

Arizona

100$!? You could find someone to trade half doors for full's there's a thread around here somewhere.

Why would I do that? Once these are done I'll probably have a total of $200 invested into them and then I'll have both full and half doors..

FishsJK

Why would I do that? Once these are done I'll probably have a total of $200 invested into them and then I'll have both full and half doors..

Well you can trade your full's for halfs I see it all the time! But mods are fun too

Sharkey

Word Ninja

I could be wrong, but perhaps what he meant was why don't you take the full doors you got for cheap and try to trade them with someone who wants half doors...not that you should trade your original full doors for half doors.

Arizona

I could be wrong, but perhaps what he meant was why don't you take the full doors you got for cheap and try to trade them with someone who wants half doors...not that you should trade your original full doors for half doors.

Did you read the original posting or see the photos? Can you think of anyone who would trade me half doors for wrecked/damaged full doors?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Did you read the original posting or see the photos? Can you think of anyone who would trade me half doors for wrecked/damaged full doors?

Yes, I did. Notwithstanding the fact it is probably cheaper to fix "wrecked" full doors than buy new ones...I was simply commenting that maybe the other poster was wondering if you could trade full doors that need work for half doors.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Can you take pics of the handles for the doors? Is that the finished product with the hole like that?

They are far from finished. The hole is just left over from where the factory handle was cut out. I might do a bit on them this weekend and post up some better pics

Arizona

Started to cut into the doors tonight, we will see how far I get. It's been blazing hot in Arizona the past couple weeks so I've been slow to start on he door build. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465955791.226183.jpg

Arizona

Initial cuts are done. Now to take it down to the scribe line and start filing the edges. I'll then move onto the passenger side before welding an inside brace and capping the top! Watcha think? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466098984.549621.jpg

Byte

Initial cuts are done. Now to take it down to the scribe line and start filing the edges. I'll then move onto the passenger side before welding an inside brace and capping the top! Watcha think? View attachment 208548

Yeah that is awesome. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

You gotta pop that dimple in the cowling too...

Top Bottom