Cutting Full Mopar doors into Half doors

Arizona

Good work! Looking forward to seeing the finished product...hopefully in person. ;-)

Hey Mike, thanks! You'll see lots of pictures on the group thread from our Ouray Trip. I'm hoping to get these finished before we leave for Colorado this week. I'm going to leave them painted black for the trip and then color match them when I get back

AZMikeD

Hey Mike, thanks! You'll see lots of pictures on the group thread from our Ouray Trip. I'm hoping to get these finished before we leave for Colorado this week. I'm going to leave them painted black for the trip and then color match them when I get back

Looking forward to it! Wish I could join. Beautiful country. Jealous! Have a safe trip!

Arizona

seriously ...such an awesome idea.....off to craigslist i go lol...great work!!

Haha Thanks everyone. Honestly, it took me about 4 months to find a set(I wasn't looking religiously, just every time I went on Craigslist). As long as you have a welder and basic bondo and fiberglass knowledge, you're set! Here's a comparison photo to a Mopar door. I'm a little high on the A-pilar side of the door but pretty damn close with my cuts. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470164855.548989.jpg
Obviously the main difference will be the position of the door handle but if I really wanted, I could have moved them down to the "factory" location on the half doors but it really didn't make a difference to me. After all, they're not going to perfect.

Arizona

Almost finished - I have some minor detail and bondo work to be done but I gave them a quick rattle can paint. I'm trying to decide if I want to paint them black or color match them to the stone white.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470928740.362081.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470928668.191975.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470928681.996467.jpg

Arizona

Great job man. Those look fantastic. May have to see if I can do this as well.

Thanks man! Id honestly recommend it to anyone that likes to build and create things. Sure, some would say it's just easier and less time consuming to buy half doors but I wasn't in this to necessarily save money but to create something not many people have done before. I've probably got just under $200 into them, Including the original purchase of the doors. About $100 in materials!

Top Bottom