Dream build

mackey

Ok. I just got off the phone with ORE. They do have their own high steer system that they use when installing a 60. Any questions regarding it, they ask that you call them. Hope this helps.

UAE455

Hi , just to add some info on the HEMI, I own a 2012 and converted to the 6.4 Hemi on my JKU? Seriously what was I thinking. Sounds nice, throttle response sweet, the idea of having a 6.4 and 475 horses under your foot is awesome, but the downfall you have to be extremely careful with it, reliability is not %100. I've had the engine stall every time I come down from a dune, overheating even with a heavy duty radiator, the oil cooler needs air all the time otherwise it overheats. Whenever I stop after a slightly hard drive the high pressure in the radiator gets the coolant to overflow. Like I said nice but be gentle and like wayalife said i would not have done it,i regret doing the conversion. Added a kill switch for the traction control so with a flip of a button I am %100 traction free in the sand.

Hi , just to add some info on the HEMI, I own a 2012 and converted to the 6.4 Hemi on my JKU? Seriously what was I thinking. Sounds nice, throttle response sweet, the idea of having a 6.4 and 475 horses under your foot is awesome, but the downfall you have to be extremely careful with it, reliability is not %100. I've had the engine stall every time I come down from a dune, overheating even with a heavy duty radiator, the oil cooler needs air all the time otherwise it overheats. Whenever I stop after a slightly hard drive the high pressure in the radiator gets the coolant to overflow. Like I said nice but be gentle and like wayalife said i would not have done it,i regret doing the conversion. Added a kill switch for the traction control so with a flip of a button I am %100 traction free in the sand.

Wow; who did your conversion? You might want to bring it to them and get your money back!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

wow, that sucks. unfortunately, i hear stories like yours all the time and while there may be exceptions to the rule, i think i would put my money on what i know works for a build like what mackey is looking for.

mackey

UAE455 said:

Sorry about the Hemi problems. That way sucks and is a major fear of mine. I was hoping either the 5.7 or a LS motor would be less likely to overheat. The last thing I would want is to drop 40k into mods and then 20k into an engine and then have engine problems. I'd go crazy. At this point, unless someone convinces me that the small block LS is safe, I will go with the 3.6 Penstar. I totally appreciate everyone's input and hope you solve the problems

ssh6314

If your feeling power deprived, I've seen people using superchargers instead of hemi swaps, costs about a quarter of the price of a hemi swap to. ArticRubi on Jeepforums used an RIPP Gen II supercharger, headers, etc. to great effect on getting a ton of power out of his 08 JK 2 door.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If your feeling power deprived, I've seen people using superchargers instead of hemi swaps, costs about a quarter of the price of a hemi swap to. ArticRubi on Jeepforums used an RIPP Gen II supercharger, headers, etc. to great effect on getting a ton of power out of his 08 JK 2 door.

Sorry, I'd have to see that for myself to believe it. I've known plenty of people who've run a RIPP, even a Gen II and if there were actual performance gains, I never saw it. Some of these people were so disappointed with it and all the issues that came with it that they eventually pulled it off and sold it.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
wayoflife said:
Sorry, I'd have to see that for myself to believe it. I've known plenty of people who've run a RIPP, even a Gen II and if there were actual performance gains, I never saw it. Some of these people were so disappointed with it and all the issues that came with it that they eventually pulled it off and sold it.

I know 3 guys that have the RIPP, and two that use to, but now have a Hemi. Constant blow off valve sticking issues, drivability issues, limp mode lightning bolt issues, just to name a few. And they all had a DECREASE on fuel economy, instead of an increase like Ripp claims. they all have the intercooled gen 2 kit with the diablosport predator tune from ripp. I've run super chargers on many cars, my last one being an '04 SVT Cobra with a kenne bell twin screw. The RIPP setup just has not caught up yet.

ssh6314

I've only read peoples experience with them. Just to clarify. They seemed to like them. But as they are from build threads. The amount of time they have actually used them is up for debate.

dahreno

Banned
dream build

I think Mackeys dream build is almost everybodys dream build , he has named off the most popular parts most people want in a build. I pretty much have my JKUR built to my dream specs., but unlike alot of people that spend that kind of money on a build like this , I wheel the snot out of it. I actually quit my job and sold my house to move fairly close to the Rubicon. I just hope that when his dream build materializes , he uses it , and is not afraid of damaging his 60,000 dollar investment like so many others ! I went and picked this up for unbelievablycheap , it has 550 h/p , and for the price I paid for it , I don't have to be concerned about any damage , and can wheel it differently than the Rubi.
MelissaWeddingetc039.jpg
[/IMG]

Hightower

actually, i do believe you are wrong about this. evo makes the high steer kit - not dynatrac.[/QUOTE]
I'm running the high steer on my rig right now with pr60's.

Hightower

It's not just disappointment you can have with supercharges. Mel said it the best about his SC its the most expensive paper weight in the shop. Lol . RIPPS headers are good though not sure if they are available for the 2012 though. LS is something I'm give serous thought to.

Last edited:

Chairokey

If I am not mistaken Mel said that EVO TJ was getting a hemi.

Sorry to go off topic here but I didn't want to start a new thread. Could someone post up a picture of Mel's Evo TJ for me? I've heard of it a few times but haven't been able to find a pic.

Top Bottom