Dream build

Yep, Cindy already posted up pics of the motor a few days ago on here.

Awesome - I'm not sure, but that looks like an SRT8 engine out of a Jeep Grand Cherokee! If so, that's the same engine that we put in my rig. It was an easy conversion and it performs (at least so far) flawlessly. Definitely rooting for Team EVO at KOH!:thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
...Just glad I'm not the only one doing this - hopefully I get good gas mileage and no overheating issues! :)

After 2 attempts at racing EVO 1 at KoH with a factory 3.8L v6 against much lighter rigs getting pushed by motors putting out over 500 HP, Mel decided it was time to be a real contender and, the only way that was going to happen is with more HP. Regarding mileage, I should remind you that EVO 1 is currently running a 30 gallon fuel cell as opposed to a standard 22.5 gastank and they'll still top off at every pit. And, as far as overheating goes, there is a reason why they just got done chopping up the front of their JK and I can assure you that it's not just to tube things up and make access to the engine compartment easier/faster. To put it simply, there would be no other way to get this bigass radiator to fit without doing it...

main.php

Need I say, Mel is very much aware of the over heating issues HEMI's have and is doing what he can to address it.

There isn't a trail or obstacle that Mel hasn't been able to do with a factory 3.8L motor and if you ask him, I can assure you that he would be the first to tell you that it or even better, a 3.6L is all you really need... that is of course, unless you're planning to race your rig up against lighter vehicles running more than double the HP. But, you don't need to take my word for it :)

After 2 attempts at racing EVO 1 at KoH with a factory 3.8L v6 against much lighter rigs getting pushed by motors putting out over 500 HP, Mel decided it was time to be a real contender and, the only way that was going to happen is with more HP. Regarding mileage, I should remind you that EVO 1 is currently running a 30 gallon fuel cell as opposed to a standard 22.5 gastank and they'll still top off at every pit. And, as far as overheating goes, there is a reason why they just got done chopping up the front of their JK and I can assure you that it's not just to tube things up and make access to the engine compartment easier/faster. To put it simply, there would be no other way to get this bigass radiator to fit without doing it...

main.php

Need I say, Mel is very much aware of the over heating issues HEMI's have and is doing what he can to address it.

There isn't a trail or obstacle that Mel hasn't been able to do with a factory 3.8L motor and if you ask him, I can assure you that he would be the first to tell you that it or even better, a 3.6L is all you really need... that is of course, unless you're planning to race your rig up against lighter vehicles running more than double the HP. But, you don't need to take my word for it :)

Thanks for the info - I'm going to watch Mel's hemi install closely - hoping to pick up some new ideas. I do like that huge radiator!

hunterbilt

My Dream build?

Exact replica of Moby...but Silver!

I started with 35's, Now have 37's...40's are coming!!!!!!!!!!!:rock:

It's cool to envy another's jeep, but why not make it your own? Put your twist on it. You really want someone pulling up next to you with the same exact jeep? Lol

afav02

Heart of this thread is in the title. Thats why I love jeeps and the community. Where else can one dream about what they want to do to their vehicle and make it a functional reality to enjoy with friends. Jeeps are great, so is the community, and so is EVO1. That thing rocks.

mackey

Heart of this thread is in the title. Thats why I love jeeps and the community. Where else can one dream about what they want to do to their vehicle and make it a functional reality to enjoy with friends. Jeeps are great, so is the community, and so is EVO1. That thing rocks.

You are absolutely correct. I sold my Jeep months ago but still plan and dream about a new jeep and all the mods I will do to it one day. I also continue to check this site daily. Just bummed I won't have a Jeep for the Easter Jeep Safari. One day.... Until then I will continue to dream

Top Bottom