Drive Shaft Questions

Parker "P.T." JK

So I'm looking at a 4in lift and I'm gonna replace my driveshafts with 1350's. I drive a 2008 JKUX that's a manual. Do I need to replace both at once or can I replace one and do the other later and still be alright?

mkjeep

Junkyard Dog
So I'm looking at a 4in lift and I'm gonna replace my driveshafts with 1350's. I drive a 2008 JKUX that's a manual. Do I need to replace both at once or can I replace one and do the other later and still be alright?

You can replace one and do the other later no prob.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, you can replace one and then the other without any problems. Having said that, you do have a 2008 Unlimited with a manual transmission and so you won't "need" to replace your factory shafts any time soon. If being able to afford just one or the other is an issue, I would wait for one to start showing signs of failing and replace it first.

As far as running 1350 driveshafts on a D30 goes, the pros is that it'll be really strong and what you should be running with 37's or bigger tires. The cons is that it'll be stronger than your D30 components and if you're gonna have a break, it might be in it. Still, I would go with a 1350 regardless as you'll kick yourself later for not doing it when you can finally afford a PR44. :yup:

Top Bottom