Drivetrain/regear question

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I'm here because it's a jeep form. The majority of people here are good people and don't act like the few assholes
that can't stop themselves from being total idiot's and this include you. You and about 5 or 6 others, just can't
STFU about my self made sliders. Nobody needs to here you whinny fucks every time I make a post. You ass lickers
seem to enjoy fucking up every fucking thread with the same old tired shit. Pound sand, asswipe!

You and your little band of asslickers aren't gonna force me to go away with this stupid shit behavior. Get use to it
and stop fucking up useful threads with this bullshit.
If you guys need to asspack someone so bad, do it to each other. I'm sure you can start a thread and fuck away :doh:

Oh yeah! I edit my posts because I changed something in it, you fucking idiot.

I thought your badass friend with the mad skills made your sliders. But I honestly couldn't give a shit

I wouldn't have commented except that you were talking shit again and the OP wanted real advice from people who know what they're talking about.

Drdiesel1

I thought your badass friend with the mad skills made your sliders. But I honestly couldn't give a shit

I wouldn't have commented except that you were talking shit again and the OP wanted real advice from people who know what they're talking about.

You can't help but flap your lips with the other few asslickers. You fucks have nothing better to do, so don't act
like someone is twisting your arm to post your idiotic drivel. Your pack mentality is entertaining, but useless.
Same as the whinny sucking sound you guy make.
Do you have proof to the contrary that driving it for a short trip with different gears will damage anything ? If not, STFU!
Nobody wants to hear you prove your ignorance over and over in every thread you follow me into.

thardy

Banned
You can't help but flap your lips with the other few asslickers. You fucks have nothing better to do, so don't act
like someone is twisting your arm to post your idiotic drivel. Your pack mentality is entertaining, but useless.
Do you have proof to the contrary that driving it for a short trip with different gears will damage anything ? If not, STFU!
Nobody wants to hear you prove your ignorance over and over in every thread you follow me into.

Do you have proof that it won't cause damage? I'm genuinely asking. For me, it seems silly not to go ahead and pull the driveshaft for the reassurance.

Exodus 4x4

Well, do you have proof that leaving the driveshaft on won't? So the safe thing to do would be to take the driveshaft off. It's not that much trouble.

Drdiesel1

Do you have proof that it won't cause damage? I'm genuinely asking. For me, it seems silly not to go ahead and pull the driveshaft for the reassurance.

Without the TC locked in 4x4, there is no direct connection between the two diff's. They can free spin at different speeds without damage.

Drdiesel1

Well, do you have proof that leaving the driveshaft on won't? So the safe thing to do would be to take the driveshaft off. It's not that much trouble.

No it's not that much trouble. For a short trip, it makes no difference as long as the TC isn't engaged. The diff's have no
mechanical connection between them. They can free wheel at different speeds without damage. The TC has no clutches.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Without the TC locked in 4x4, there is no direct connection between the two diff's. They can free spin at different speeds without damage.

Mate deadset you're an idiot. There is a synchro between 2hi and 4hi. It's designed to assist with matching the speeds of the gears either side of it. What do you think happens when they are spinning at different speeds. It will wear significantly. This is the reason the owners manual says not to tow with 2 wheels off the ground as mentioned earlier.

If we were talking about something with manual hubs on the front axle or a dog clutch in the transfer you'd be right.... But we're not.

Drdiesel1

Mate deadset you're an idiot. There is a synchro between 2hi and 4hi. It's designed to assist with matching the speeds of the gears either side of it. What do you think happens when they are spinning at different speeds. It will wear significantly. This is the reason the owners manual says not to tow with 2 wheels off the ground as mentioned earlier.

If we were talking about something with manual hubs on the front axle or a dog clutch in the transfer you'd be right.... But we're not.

Dude, your a fucking retard. First, were only talking about a short trip to the shop. Not a 5000 mile vacation trip. OMG!
The syncro's have nothing to do with it when you're in 2WD :doh: They only come into play when shifting the case.
This is why I said, as long as you DON'T engage the 4x4. WTF!

Heholua

Honestly, I think the Jeep is going into limp mode whether the drive shaft is attached or not. Can't have two different ratios and run them at the same time.

thardy

Banned
Dealer for 35 years. Private for 5 and now back at a dealer. I specialize in diagnostics, driveability and electrical.

So, a Jeep shows up at a dealer with different gears, having only been driven in 2wd and having a noise coming from the TC. Are you going to say that the differing gears has nothing to do with it?

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Dude, your a fucking retard. First, were only talking about a short trip to the shop. Not a 5000 mile vacation trip. OMG!
The syncro's have nothing to do with it when you're in 2WD :doh: They only come into play when shifting the case.
This is why I said, as long as you DON'T engage the 4x4. WTF!

When did anyone say it was only a short trip? Could be 1000 miles for all we know.

You should really read up on this shit before posting

Drdiesel1

Honestly, I think the Jeep is going into limp mode whether the drive shaft is attached or not. Can't have two different ratios and run them at the same time.

The front shaft isn't engaged in 2WD and the tires are all turning at the same speed. It shouldn't trigger the ABS/TCS system.
The WSS read the tone rings attached to the axles. The only speed input change will be inside the TC.

Last edited:

Drdiesel1

When did anyone say it was only a short trip? Could be 1000 miles for all we know.

You should really read up on this shit before posting

You're missing the point. You're trying to change the scenario to fit your needs. It's not gonna help.

EDIT ALERT! I'm well versed, so no need to read up. Maybe you should take your own advise before
making ludicrous statements about something you can't understand.

Last edited:
Top Bottom