Drivetrain/regear question

Rottenbelly

The wheel speed sensors tell the computer otherwise. You'll have two different rpms.

If all 4 wheels are on the ground the speed sensors are going to read the same. They are by the hubs not the driveshaft.

If it was me I would put the front axle on at home, pull the rear shaft and drive up and let the slap the rear axle in, drive home and put driveshaft back in and go wheeling.

Heholua

If all 4 wheels are on the ground the speed sensors are going to read the same. They are by the hubs not the driveshaft.

If it was me I would put the front axle on at home, pull the rear shaft and drive up and let the slap the rear axle in, drive home and put driveshaft back in and go wheeling.

Which gear ratio are you going to program the computer for?

thardy

Banned
The front shaft isn't engaged in 2WD and the tires are all turning at the same speed. It shouldn't trigger the ABS/TCS system.
The WSS read the tone rings attached to the axles. The only speed input change will be inside the TC.

You actually make a lot of sense with some of the knowledgeable posts you have made on the forum, your problem is that you decided to be a prick when people question your logic. Work on that and you might become a decent contributing member.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
You're missing the point. You're trying to change the scenario to fit your needs. It's not gonna help.

EDIT ALERT! I'm well versed, so no need to read up. Maybe you should take your own advise before
making ludicrous statements about something you can't understand.

Clearly you know more I or the engineers at Chrysler.

Drdiesel1

You actually make a lot of sense with some of the knowledgeable posts you have made on the forum, your problem is that you decided to be a prick when people question your logic. Work on that and you might become a decent contributing member.

I was dishing back what I was was receiving, IMO! Thanks! I try to help whenever possible.

Rottenbelly

Which gear ratio are you going to program the computer for?

Doesn't matter. If all 4 wheels are on the ground going the same speed....
The driveshaft pinion is going to be going a different speed but the sensors are reading the same.
Just drove my 2015 jeep 50 miles with 5:13's in the rear and 3:21 in the front with the drive shaft pulled.
Had it set for 5:13s.
I take it might matter with a auto but I have a manual it did fine.

Last edited:

Heholua

Doesn't matter. If all 4 wheels are on the ground going the same speed....
The driveshaft pinion is going to be going a different speed but the sensors are reading the same.
Just drove my 2015 jeep 50 miles with 5:13's in the rear and 3:21 in the front with the drive shaft pulled.
Had it set for 5:13s.

Gotcha........my thought process was screwed up on this one.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I currently am running 3.73 in the rear and 4.10 up front (not by choice) the front driveshaft is pulled and at home and it's been this way for a couple of weeks now. No problems, infact my mpg went up a little with no drag from the front lol

Oh and I have an auto as well with the computer programmed for the 3.73 rear

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
As others have mentioned I've driven mine without a front DS for quite a while. And also without a rear in 4wd to limp myself home. Both turned out a-ok.

Top Bottom