Dusy Ershim toilet construction update

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
are kidding? they do good work in preserving our trails, and dedicate their time and resources to keep the trails open. Their club provides value to the trail system unlike this site, and your going to give him a hard time? I have never even seen a thread about a clean up run on this whole site. most people here just use the land and trails and dont give back.

Really? Just because "this site" doesn't go around broadcasting "good work" and wear it on our shirt sleeves so that everyone can praise us means that we just "use" the land and "don't give back"? Don't get me wrong, I've met you in person, I like you and I'm not even opposed to what this guy has done per se but that's a pretty self-righteous and arrogant stance you're taking. :naw:

Big Ed

Code:
He's ONLY here to pimp his club and nothing more.

That's a pretty twisted way to look at things, never occurred to me that anyone would think that way until you said it last time. I'm just being a part of the 4wd community, apparently you have no idea what that means. I let other 4 wheelers know what's going on so the info can be helpful to them. On the other forums I put info on all I get is thanks, not ridicule.

The information helps them plan where they will be camping on their next trip, and what their options are in case they aren't on schedule. I've also been able to help other clubs that want to build toilets on their trails, even sending them plans without charge, and talking through the process with the Forest Service (being a part of the community). If I didn't post what we do, how would they know who to ask?

Code:

I'm just being a part of the 4wd community.

How about trying to be a part of THIS community for once. I don't believe I've seen you take any interest in any of the forum functions that have been set up for the Fresno area. Yes, Ed, the very same area that I live in as well, but yet you have no problem at all promoting your club. Sorry, but that logic just doesn't compute.

Big Ed

So you still just here to pimp what your club does?

Where did I say anything about our club? Just showing what's going on on the trails. But since you mentioned it, here's a list.

4X4 Him....3 members
Lock N Low.... 2 members
Four Wheel Drive Club of Fresno....8 members
Non club member....1
Forest Service....3 personnel

So you see it's a community effort to get things done for all to benefit from. Also if it wasn't for me posting this stuff on forums this toilet wouldn't exist. Someone that uses the trail saw the info on another forum, and donated the money.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
are kidding? they do good work in preserving our trails, and dedicate their time and resources to keep the trails open. Their club provides value to the trail system unlike this site, and your going to give him a hard time? I have never even seen a thread about a clean up run on this whole site. most people here just use the land and trails and dont give back.

No I'm not kidding you. In order for me to keep trails clean I have to post about it here? How come I can't just go out and clean up the trails when I use them?

It was far from a hard time, I simply asked a question.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Where did I say anything about our club? Just showing what's going on on the trails. But since you mentioned it, here's a list.

4X4 Him....3 members
Lock N Low.... 2 members
Four Wheel Drive Club of Fresno....8 members
Non club member....1
Forest Service....3 personnel

So you see it's a community effort to get things done for all to benefit from. Also if it wasn't for me posting this stuff on forums this toilet wouldn't exist. Someone that uses the trail saw the info on another forum, and donated the money.

I never said what you do is bad. What I'm saying is the only time you post here is to show off what your club does. And I've seen your posts on some of the other forums and 99% of them are random pictures.

Big Ed

I never said what you do is bad. What I'm saying is the only time you post here is to show off what your club does. And I've seen your posts on some of the other forums and 99% of them are random pictures.

Again, I didn't say anything about our club.

And people enjoy those random pictures. It's being a part of the community, everyone brings something different to the table.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

rather rude comment don't you think?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
...Their club provides value to the trail system unlike this site...most people here just use the land and trails and dont give back.

Well aren't you a peach. So, Mr. BlackDiamond, how exactly do you know what most people on here do or do not do? You been following a majority of the forum members around? Did you ever stop for a minute and think that perhaps many people give back all of the time, but that they just don't feel the need to receive accolades for doing so? My son is in cub scouts, he does things to earn badges. I'm an adult, I do things because they are the right thing to do...no badge necessary.

Out of curiosity, how many of your 200+ posts on this forum were made to organize a trail cleanup? Thought so.:naw:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Again, I didn't say anything about our club.

And people enjoy those random pictures. It's being a part of the community, everyone brings something different to the table.

So just curious, why are you on a jeep website when you don't even own a jeep?

This is your truck correct?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413924162.082885.jpg

thardy

Banned
May be I'm wrong here, but I never really thought that adding a crapper to a trail as "trail clean-up". Having an outhouse out on the trail is a luxury, not a clean-up. At least that's my :twocents:

Now, Ed, why would you post this pic and let people (me included) believe you actually won it? View attachment 106281 Funny thing is, I even gave you kudos for it and you just let me keep thinking it was yours. In fact, here's a pic you took on that very same snow run from the driver seat of your "XJ" ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413925679.684957.jpg So,Ed, you want to explain to us again how you aren't just here to pimp your club activities?

Big Ed

Now, Ed, why would you post this pic and let people (me included) believe you actually won it? View attachment 106281 Funny thing is, I even gave you kudos for it and you just let me keep thinking it was yours. In fact, here's a pic you took on that very same snow run from the driver seat of your "XJ" View attachment 106283 So,Ed, you want to explain to us again how you aren't just here to pimp your club activities?

This post really makes no sense, I don't know what you're talking about.

Okay I get that you like to go run trails without any knowledge of trail conditions/amenities, and just be surprised when you get there. But some people like to know ahead of time where facilities are so they can plan their trip accordingly. Labeling me giving those people that information as pimping or showing off is just absurd.

Also, I've had many people both on and off the trail ask "how the heck do you get those toilets in there?". It was a response to those people that I started posting how the heck we get those things in there.

This post really makes no sense, I don't know what you're talking about.

Okay I get that you like to go run trails without any knowledge of trail conditions/amenities, and just be surprised when you get there. But some people like to know ahead of time where facilities are so they can plan their trip accordingly. Labeling me giving those people that information as pimping or showing off is just absurd.

Also, I've had many people both on and off the trail ask "how the heck do you get those toilets in there?". It was a response to those people that I started posting how the heck we get those things in there.

Ok, Ed, let's first refresh your memory a bit. Remember this thread You started? Maybe it's hard to remember after being on so many forums. http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=14709
Secondly, I have to ask if you're completely delusional here if you think someone is going to stop right in the middle of their day of good wheeling to wonder how a toilet got parked there.
People here don't care much for others coming here looking for a pat on the back, especially those who lie and mislead people to get it. Perhaps you need to go back up and sit on one of your toilets and think about it a while.

Big Ed

Ok, Ed, let's first refresh your memory a bit. Remember this thread You started? Maybe it's hard to remember after being on so many forums. http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=14709
Secondly, I have to ask if you're completely delusional here if you think someone is going to stop right in the middle of their day of good wheeling to wonder how a toilet got parked there.
People here don't care much for others coming here looking for a pat on the back, especially those who lie and mislead people to get it. Perhaps you need to go back up and sit on one of your toilets and think about it a while.

You're still not saying what you're talking about, are you trying to say I didn't win the poker hand? Well I did. People ask us all the time how the toilets got there. You have a complete lack of reading comprehension if you think I came here for a pat on the back, how many ways does it need to be explained to you?

I think I get it now, you would never consider helping people just to be helping people, there has to be something in it for you, that's why you can't fathom other people helping people just to be helping people. We'll wait a minute there is something in it for me, I get to talk to others that enjoy the trail I enjoy that I otherwise wouldn't get to. Well usually, this thread took a turn for the bizarre. Usually they will ask questions and tell stories about their trips.

Speaking of trips, every year I search and see who is doing a trip and help them with planning. I enjoy being a part of it all. I don't ask them for anything in return. Another thing it does is put a face on who takes care of the trail, I believe this helps with trail upkeep. People that think Forest Service does it, or don't know who does it are more likely to abuse the trail/facilities. So it's about bringing the 4wd community closer together.

Top Bottom