Dusy Ershim toilet construction update

No, Ed, I don't think you really do get it at all. I understand that you're trying to show people what a good little club you belong to and how you help maintain a trail, but you aren't even remotely trying to see things from our point of view. If you were an "active" member of this forum, meaning that if you participated regularly in forum topics or even went to one of our events from time to time, including one of the local meet and greets that I have organized right there in Clovis, then this wouldn't even be an issue at all. In fact, would likely be welcomed, but you don't participate at all and that's the issue here. It doesn't matter wether or not you actually own a jeep, we have members who don't for one reason or another but they are accepted and greeted with open arms BECAUSE they participate here.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Another thing it does is put a face on who takes care of the trail, I believe this helps with trail upkeep.

This is what I am getting at. I haven't said anything bad about what you have done. What I have questioned is why you are here. Your only posts are about what you and your club do to the dusy or other trails. You have no interaction with the forum other then that and random photos. On top of that you don't even own a jeep and are on a jeep forum. What other conclusion could someone come to other then you being here to show off your club?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And do you appreciate being informed? That's all I'm trying to do here, these others don't get it.

What?? Okay, I've been trying to stay out of this but honestly, I'm gonna have to say that I don't get it. Unless you're some kind of attention whore desperate to get a pat on the back, exactly why is it so important for you to "inform" people about the good you've done is beyond me. Don't get me wrong, I will be the first to say that I think what you guys are doing is great and will even go so far as to thank you and your club for doing what you do - sincerely. But honestly, you're starting to sound like a street preacher who feels the need to pray out loud about the good you've done and just so that others will know how holy you are. If you really are doing what you do for the betterment of the trail, the world of off-roading, the benefits of others and the goodness of your heart, you should just leave it at that. When anyone runs the Dusy, they will all get to see your handy work and will even get to see the signs on the toilets that state who's responsible for it. Trust me, they will be informed at that time and will be grateful to you and your club as will I.

Big Ed

This is what I am getting at. I haven't said anything bad about what you have done. What I have questioned is why you are here. Your only posts are about what you and your club do to the dusy or other trails. You have no interaction with the forum other then that and random photos. On top of that you don't even own a jeep and are on a jeep forum. What other conclusion could someone come to other then you being here to show off your club?

Maybe you didn't read reply #36, so i put it here again. So are you saying if you're going somewhere you only want info from other Jeep owners? Otherwise you will learn the hard way? This is a foreign concept to me as our club has all different makes of rigs and we all communicate with eachother. We don't have that hang up, same goes with others we encounter on the trail including Jeep owners.

Okay I get that you like to go run trails without any knowledge of trail conditions/amenities, and just be surprised when you get there. But some people like to know ahead of time where facilities are so they can plan their trip accordingly. Labeling me giving those people that information as pimping or showing off is just absurd.

Also, I've had many people both on and off the trail ask "how the heck do you get those toilets in there?". It was a response to those people that I started posting how the heck we get those things in there.

Big Ed

No, Ed, I don't think you really do get it at all. I understand that you're trying to show people what a good little club you belong to and how you help maintain a trail, but you aren't even remotely trying to see things from our point of view. If you were an "active" member of this forum, meaning that if you participated regularly in forum topics or even went to one of our events from time to time, including one of the local meet and greets that I have organized right there in Clovis, then this wouldn't even be an issue at all. In fact, would likely be welcomed, but you don't participate at all and that's the issue here. It doesn't matter wether or not you actually own a jeep, we have members who don't for one reason or another but they are accepted and greeted with open arms BECAUSE they participate here.

So you only except information from people within your circle? You must have a friend that is a news anchor man, or you wouldn't know whats going on in the world.

Big Ed

What?? Okay, I've been trying to stay out of this but honestly, I'm gonna have to say that I don't get it. Unless you're some kind of attention whore desperate to get a pat on the back, exactly why is it so important for you to "inform" people about the good you've done is beyond me. Don't get me wrong, I will be the first to say that I think what you guys are doing is great and will even go so far as to thank you and your club for doing what you do - sincerely. But honestly, you're starting to sound like a street preacher who feels the need to pray out loud about the good you've done and just so that others will know how holy you are. If you really are doing what you do for the betterment of the trail, the world of off-roading, the benefits of others and the goodness of your heart, you should just leave it at that. When anyone runs the Dusy, they will all get to see your handy work and will even get to see the signs on the toilets that state who's responsible for it. Trust me, they will be informed at that time and will be grateful to you and your club as will I.

Refer to reply # 36.

I'm not an attention whore, not a preacher. This has only gone way out in left field because of a few people that have pushed it there, and it wasn't me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay I get that you like to go run trails without any knowledge of trail conditions/amenities, and just be surprised when you get there. But some people like to know ahead of time where facilities are so they can plan their trip accordingly.

Don't get me wrong but, MOST trails have ZERO facilities and most everyone I know plan their trips accordingly with this in mind. Again, lest it be missed, I think what you and your club is doing is great and I personally thank you for it. I for one never had an issue with you starting this thread but I am starting to take issue with your growing self-important stance. I personally couldn't care less what you drive and if anything, think it's great that you DON'T drive a Jeep but what the guys here are trying to say is that the least you could do is TRY to be a part of this community. The fact that you could care less about it and only want to "inform" people about the good you do just leaves a bad taste in their mouth. Your arrogant stance and unwillingness to try and see where they're coming from is working against you here.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Refer to reply # 36.

I'm not an attention whore, not a preacher. This has only gone way out in left field because of a few people that have pushed it there, and it wasn't me.

I've read your post #36 and it tells me nothing. Nobody here that I know asked how the toilets get on the trail before you decided to start this thread. You telling me you're not an attention whore doesn't mean that you don't look like one to everyone else. You can blame all this on everyone else but the fact of the matter is, it is YOU who has no interest in being a part of this community and really, it's hard not to see your only purpose for being here is to "inform" everyone of how wonderful you are for putting in these toilets. At least, that's how it's starting to look even to me.

Again, I personally had no problem with you starting this thread and would be the first to thank you and your club for installing these toilets. I think you just need to step back a moment and try to see where some of this angst is coming from. If you're doing this for the community and not just your ego, try to take some time to actually BE a part of the community.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Maybe you didn't read reply #36, so i put it here again. So are you saying if you're going somewhere you only want info from other Jeep owners? Otherwise you will learn the hard way? This is a foreign concept to me as our club has all different makes of rigs and we all communicate with eachother. We don't have that hang up, same goes with others we encounter on the trail including Jeep owners.

Okay I get that you like to go run trails without any knowledge of trail conditions/amenities, and just be surprised when you get there. But some people like to know ahead of time where facilities are so they can plan their trip accordingly. Labeling me giving those people that information as pimping or showing off is just absurd.

Also, I've had many people both on and off the trail ask "how the heck do you get those toilets in there?". It was a response to those people that I started posting how the heck we get those things in there.

I've read it. It tells me nothing. I've never used a facility on the trail actually. Only ones I've used are the porta-potties at rubicon springs.

I've been nice thus far and you don't get it. If you are too stupid to realize that you are only here to show off the "good" that you and your club do then so be it. But honestly you are no part of the jeep community or this community.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Guess I'm in the minority on this one, but I would actually prefer that backcountry trails did NOT have facilities. They smell, and they attract more insects and other less desirables. Plus, pits have to be continually moved so you are basically creating a bunch of three foot deep chemical and crap filled holes everywhere.

People should prepare for their trips. If they have to drop a deuce, they should have the ability to take it out with them.

JKWrang

Here's the bottom line:

These guys are openly thanking you and telling you that you've done a good thing.

They are explaining to you that the use of this forum as a medium for this information would be best received if you were active in other areas of the forum i.e. participating in discussions and offering input and knowledge on other things related to the Jeeping world or the Off Road Community.

Read: Post up actively and contribute to the community, the Wayalife community of members herein, and be welcomed openly and warmly with just about whatever you have to say.

Read: post up sparingly and only about things which offer interests relevant to yourself or your own deeds (directly or indirectly) and be received as you were, with questions and intolerance.

Read: the value of your information directly correlates with your level of participation (meaning you could be giving away free Oakley's to everyone on this forum because you're a good man with no strings attached and you would still be poorly received.)

If it needs a further breakdown, I dunno what to say.

Sent from my SM-P905V using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKWrang

Guess I'm in the minority on this one, but I would actually prefer that backcountry trails did NOT have facilities. They smell, and they attract more insects and other less desirables. Plus, pits have to be continually moved so you are basically creating a bunch of three foot deep chemical and crap filled holes everywhere.

People should prepare for their trips. If they have to drop a deuce, they should have the ability to take it out with them.

Read: wag bags.

Sent from my SM-P905V using WAYALIFE mobile app

thardy

Banned

I'm with you on this one!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL!! Funny you should say as much but I really couldn't agree with you more. The whole point of me owning a Jeep is to get out in the middle of nowhere and toilets on a trail make an otherwise remote trail feel more like Disneyland. The more accommodating you make it, the more people come out to use the trail and the more people you have, the more trash you have and the more dumbasses you have ruining the experience of the wilderness. Before you know it, concrete bridges are put in place, trees are cleared and boulders are blasted or moved out of the way to make the trail easier to run and toilets can be found every couple of miles. Think I'm exaggerating? I just described with the Rubicon looks like today.

A BIG part of why we moved up to Northern Nevada is to get back out into wilderness that is still wild. Also, it's why I'm happy that all this is going on in California. They can have all the tourists they want.

JAGS

Hooked
A BIG part of why we moved up to Northern Nevada is to get back out into wilderness that is still wild. Also, it's why I'm happy that all this is going on in California. They can have all the tourists they want.

You just have to rub it in don't you. ;):cheesy:

Since you mentioned your lovely area again, when does snow start to impact the lake area? And when does it start to clear up again? I don't mind a little snow, would even make for a fun trip. Guess I'm asking when is it the worst driving in and out? We're trying/thinking to plan another trip up and don't want to be snowed in or forced to drive in really bad conditions.

You just have to rub it in don't you. ;):cheesy:

Since you mentioned your lovely area again, when does snow start to impact the lake area? And when does it start to clear up again? I don't mind a little snow, would even make for a fun trip. Guess I'm asking when is it the worst driving in and out? We're trying/thinking to plan another trip up and don't want to be snowed in or forced to drive in really bad conditions.

Quit beating around the bush and just ask how many tents will fit in the backyard at Camp Wayalife, lmao

Here's a couple of those "less desirables" you speak of. View attachment 106351 ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414003443.098595.jpg Just a hunch, but I'd say "Trail Amenities" isn't as important to these fellas as the buffet therein.

JAGS

Hooked
Quit beating around the bush and just ask how many tents will fit in the backyard at Camp Wayalife, lmao

That'd be a bit of a stretch. I'm looking to take the family up. Might be able to tap into a timeshare again at the lake, but not sure how the area is weather wise. I think there is actually a winter up there with some white stuff. ;) :cheesy:

Top Bottom