Dynatrac Equipped Community

Ddays

Hooked
We’re talking about it, but is anybody buying anything? ]

Nope. If anything it was a huge turn off for me and maybe other actual enthusiasts.

But isn’t it funny how sales don’t mean much right now. It seems it’s all about a company’s “reach”. I think it’s stupid but measuring Instagram and YouTube metrics vrs hard numbers is the norm right now.

I don't have the desire to spend money there like I used to.

I once thought so much of their axles I had stickers made for my hood. My upcoming FF rear will not have their logo on it. That's the cool thing about discretionary spending, I get to spend it where I want to, not have to. Hope they enjoy the increase in sales from the results of their recent efforts :rolleyes2:

dtrac.jpg

fiend

Caught the Bug
I once thought so much of their axles I had stickers made for my hood. My upcoming FF rear will not have their logo on it. That's the cool thing about discretionary spending, I get to spend it where I want to, not have to. Hope they enjoy the increase in sales from the results of their recent efforts :rolleyes2:

View attachment 334622

Your new axle is a Dynatrac with no sticker, or not a Dynatrac?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

Nope. If anything it was a huge turn off for me and maybe other actual enthusiasts.

But isn’t it funny how sales don’t mean much right now. It seems it’s all about a company’s “reach”. I think it’s stupid but measuring Instagram and YouTube metrics vrs hard numbers is the norm right now.

Everyone is more concerned about being relevant than anything else. Guilty of it. There’s some stuff I’ve down to the Gladiator that I’m regretting already, and all so we could it out there before some other people. Fortunately I haven’t gone too far and I’ve pumped the brakes on the build. Back to marketing, I’ve had a firm reach out to us and that seemed to be there push. They went on and on about social media and what they can do, but can’t answer my questions about how can they generate more local sales since, that’s kind of what I’m interested in.

jesse3638

Hooked
Not gonna be a Dynatrac. Not sure about the hood stickers, but if I do remove them I can guarantee you there will not be a retarded video of it on IG

Just do an install video of the new axle but you should wear yoga pants...haha.

Everyone is more concerned about being relevant than anything else. Guilty of it. There’s some stuff I’ve down to the Gladiator that I’m regretting already, and all so we could it out there before some other people. Fortunately I haven’t gone too far and I’ve pumped the brakes on the build. Back to marketing, I’ve had a firm reach out to us and that seemed to be there push. They went on and on about social media and what they can do, but can’t answer my questions about how can they generate more local sales since, that’s kind of what I’m interested in.

Two words for you, "Sign Dancer"

Looking at the area code I think he may only be a few hours away from you in Houston...haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0Gkbz0jTcc

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
In the end the most effective marketing is seeing others abuse their product. When EVO1, Moby, Jet Li, etc start running different axles and put them thru their paces, I may consider another brand. Considering the abuse I’ve seen all those rigs put Dynatrac thru I’m sticking with them.

Ddays

Hooked
In the end the most effective marketing is seeing others abuse their product. . Considering the abuse I’ve seen all those rigs put Dynatrac thru I’m sticking with them.

Absolutely true. So why change your strategy and chase the method that doesn't sell axles? :idontknow:

When EVO1, Moby, Jet Li, etc start running different axles and put them thru their paces, I may consider another brand]

Have you taken notice of all of the shops and people that are installing different axles? ORE, Exodus, and many other prominent names. Stay tuned for even more.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Absolutely true. So why change your strategy and chase the method that doesn't sell axles? :idontknow:

Have you taken notice of all of the shops and people that are installing different axles? ORE, Exodus, and many other prominent names. Stay tuned for even more.

Fusions look nice.

I suspect shops are installing UD60s because Dana Spicer is large enough to practically give them away (maybe not free, but at cost, which would be way less than Dynatrac, etc.) as a marketing exercise.

Ddays

Hooked
Is Eddie and Cindy’s truck going to have UD60’s? Honestly if the UD44 housing was equal to a PR44 I’d look at it but I don’t think it is

I'm not sure if he ever came out & said what he's gonna install. I think the one axle that's hard for anyone to equal is the PR44. Pretty much bulletproof.

Fusions look nice.

I suspect shops are installing UD60s because Dana Spicer is large enough to practically give them away (maybe not free, but at cost, which would be way less than Dynatrac, etc.) as a marketing exercise.

I'm sure cost is a big factor, but availability is as well. Been some incidences of Dynatrac issues. Not many but there are some where it was rare to ever hear on any.
Another factor is that I don't think Dynatrac even has an option for JT axles yet.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

You can suspect that but nothing could be further from the truth. The FACT of the matter is that shops can provide their customers with a UD60 in about 2 days as opposed to 2 months or more.

jdofmemi

To jump into the speculation, I suspect that Dana-Spicer did a production run of axles and has a large stock of them ready to roll out as soon as they are ordered.
I also suspect that by doing a large production run, the cost per axle is much cheaper that the custom built Dynatrac, or any other custom builder, so their margin is likely the same or higher.

This is just a guess, but it makes sense when you put together the information we have.

Top Bottom