Dynatrac Prosteer Ball Joint Interference

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just an FYI, the ProSteers have since been modified to offer a lot more clearance and late 2012-up JK 44 shafts will not have any issue with them.

attachment.php

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?11925-New-Dynatrac-Lower-Ball-Joints-2012-JK

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Just an FYI, the ProSteers have since been modified to offer a lot more clearance and late 2012-up JK 44 shafts will not have any issue with them.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?11925-New-Dynatrac-Lower-Ball-Joints-2012-JK

Nice! Thanks Eddie :thumb:

Yeah ball joints are a pain in the ass themselves but then to have to grind the axle stub yolk is a real kick in the teeth... but it honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It only took a couple hours longer and I didn't have anything better to do anyway. :) :beer:

Ha, my wife makes sure I can never say, "I didn't have anything better to do". Thanks for the tip about the install kit though. It's stuff like that you don't always learn when buying parts over the internet.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Thanks for this thread docknocker. I used it for reference when installing my ball joints. :thumb:

Your welcome! Glad I could help! :cool: :beer:

Those ball joints are a huge change in the way the Jeep steers! I love them! Dynatrac rocks!

Last edited:

Off Pavement

Any way to tell the difference between original design Dynatrac lower joints from the redesign? I just got a set and it came with the same "Techinical Service Bulletin" Animal got. I'll go ahead and grind away as necessary, but it would be nice to know in advance if I'm going to have to allot the extra time. I do have the stub shaft cast number known for interference.

Oh yeah... howdy everybody. It's my first post.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Any way to tell the difference between original design Dynatrac lower joints from the redesign? I just got a set and it came with the same "Techinical Service Bulletin" Animal got. I'll go ahead and grind away as necessary, but it would be nice to know in advance if I'm going to have to allot the extra time. I do have the stub shaft cast number known for interference.

Oh yeah... howdy everybody. It's my first post.

Welcome to Wayalife. The redesigned ball joints have a lower profile then the older ones.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Lol actually just took them off the old axle before I scraped it. They need to be rebuilt before they go back in so I'll just wait until I order a ProRock.

Top Bottom