Dynatrac vs G2 vs Terflex axles

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I would also recommend dynatrac. I had the tera crd 60 in the front of my TJ and while it was one of my favorite mods it wasn't witout issues. The coil springs would not fit on the "perches" with the bumpstops installed without modification. The brake pads weren't centered on the discs and they had about an eighth of an inch overhang where the pad didn't contact the disc. Also, even though I ordered it for their 6 inch lift it barely aligned within acceptable range between the pinion angle and caster angle. Now all of these were small issues but I think show some lack of attention to detail.
The pr44 I just installed on our jk however fit perfect except for the off road evolutoon trackbar bracket, hardly dynatrac's fault as this was due to the larger axle tube.

There is two different brackets. One for a ProRock and one for a factory axle.

blackops

I have no doubt evo makes a bracket for the pro rock but I didn't forsee that issue and didn't have one on hand when doing the swap. That said, it was the only issue i had with the installation. It was neither evo's nor dynatrac's fault. My point was simply that the dynatrac housing was much more precise and professionaly made in regards to brackets etc. and given my experience with teraflex I was pleasantly surprised that was the only issue I had.

blackops

Hello Eddie, kinda feel like I know you a little bit now. Kinda funny story and too long for details in a post but I'll try.
So my wife bought me some evo t-shirts for Xmas and they came with free dvd's of '10 and '11s jkx. We then watched them with my brother in law after he was telling us about jkx although he didn't know what it was called. As we're watching 11's I see you and your jeep and I'm like hey that's the guy from the forums! At some point my brother in law says something like "I think this is the trip a guy I work with participated in." Anyway, long story short, after searching threads etc. we find out prime8 is Jesse that my brother in law works with. You see, my brother in law is a metallurgist at Cat. Anyway, we had a good laugh and enjoyed watching the vids.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Eddie, kinda feel like I know you a little bit now. Kinda funny story and too long for details in a post but I'll try.
So my wife bought me some evo t-shirts for Xmas and they came with free dvd's of '10 and '11s jkx. We then watched them with my brother in law after he was telling us about jkx although he didn't know what it was called. As we're watching 11's I see you and your jeep and I'm like hey that's the guy from the forums! At some point my brother in law says something like "I think this is the trip a guy I work with participated in." Anyway, long story short, after searching threads etc. we find out prime8 is Jesse that my brother in law works with. You see, my brother in law is a metallurgist at Cat. Anyway, we had a good laugh and enjoyed watching the vids.

:cheesy: No kidding, that's awesome. You should ask your brother in law to ask Jesse what he thinks of me :D

The DVD's you got were produced by Falken Tire. If you haven't seen them already, my wife and I put together some videos of our trips on the 2011-13 trips and you can see them here:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?15385-WILD-WILD-WEST-The-2013-JK-Experience-2-Part-Series

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3629-HEARTLAND-The-2012-JK-Experience-3-Part-Series

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...-Experience-Rocky-Mountain-Run-4-Parts-Series

blackops

Uh oh, kicked that hornets nest didn't I? Prime8 is always right.
Thanks for the links, I'll be sure to check them out.
Oh, my brother in law requests that not all metallurgists/Cat employeees/Illinoisans be harshly judged for Jesse's transgressions.
Is it funny that my autocorrect wants to change Jesse to Jesus?

Top Bottom