Dynobeads: even tire wear

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yet not surprising when you consider that often people are very reluctant to admit they were wrong after spending their money on something. I'm not suggesting that's the case here, but you see it all the time...not only on jeep parts but in many areas in life (e.g. stock market investors). :thumb:

I only buy stocks that I get tips on. It's a sure bet. And I sell them when they tell me they are about to go under. :thumb:

David1tontj

Yet not surprising when you consider that often people are very reluctant to admit they were wrong after spending their money on something. I'm not suggesting that's the case here, but you see it all the time...not only on jeep parts but in many areas in life (e.g. stock market investors). :thumb:

Now I really want to take one of my tires down and have the tire shop put it on their balancer with the beads in it! Cause if I am wrong I won't have a problem admitting it, an my wife would love to not have that loud noise in the parking lots!! Haha. She's gonna kill me if the beads need to come out!

2005 Tj, BDS long arm, d60hp front, 10.25 rear, 513s and lockers, f&r winches, 39.5" Iroks

Army_Vet

Banned
Now I really want to take one of my tires down and have the tire shop put it on their balancer with the beads in it! Cause if I am wrong I won't have a problem admitting it, an my wife would love to not have that loud noise in the parking lots!! Haha. She's gonna kill me if the beads need to come out!

2005 Tj, BDS long arm, d60hp front, 10.25 rear, 513s and lockers, f&r winches, 39.5" Iroks

Don't cave to peer pressure and ridicule to please these folks. If you know they work for you then rock-em. In the end you can only testify to your own experiences. If one of these others had a bad experience for whatever reason, Poor install, Bad tire, Didn't follow directions... They will be just as adamant about how they don't work.

David1tontj

Don't cave to peer pressure and ridicule to please these folks. If you know they work for you then rock-em. In the end you can only testify to your own experiences. If one of these others had a bad experience for whatever reason, Poor install, Bad tire, Didn't follow directions... They will be just as adamant about how they don't work.

Very true, and I won't change my truck cause I know they work. I did forget to mention that I only did the beads cause they were cheaper than balancing. Spent 30 on my beads and saved 60

David1tontj

Very true, and I won't change my truck cause I know they work (for me). I did forget to mention that I only did the airsoft bbs cause they were cheaper than balancing. Spent 30 on my beads and saved 60 by not balancing. Then I just ended up liking them (other than the noise).. And I used ten in my wife's car. 2006 trailblazer. As a test vehicle because that thing is perfectly smooth and I would have noticed any vibration. (Not sure with how rough my ride is in my jeep that I would've known what the problem was if they didn't work)

Army_Vet

Banned
LOL! Seriously? :cheesy:

He was seriously considering taking a tire off and then to a shop to show how well the beads worked.... That is ridiculous; and all from peer pressure. So LOL all you want... I believe I injected some sanity.

If they work for him thats great, if they don't work for others oh well... Nothing lost...

Whether you or anyone believes the concept works there is a company testing and making a product that does.... my company uses these. Slightly different in application, but same concept.
http://www.anythingtruck.com/category/htp-wheelbalancers.html

Last edited:

Millerj87

It's gotta make you wanna jump out and cut the tire open tho! I couldn't imagine what it sounds like

Sent from my iPhone on the west coast of florida

JK's JK

Banned
I do not want to argue but have a discussion ONLY.

What I don't understand is why some of you guys are so dead beat on saying there a waste of money. I don't understand the reasoning behind it since you haven't installed them into your vehicle. Hell there only a $100 for 40 ounces of beads and anyone can spend that in a night of beer. The only reason why I some what support the idea because of the company I work for. I do admit the whole concept is a little off but the beads fill uneven spots in the tire while rotating and makes it even distribution of weight. But like I said I'm still on the fence.

David1tontj

I do not want to argue but have a discussion ONLY.

What I don't understand is why some of you guys are so dead beat on saying there a waste of money. I don't understand the reasoning behind it since you haven't installed them into your vehicle. Hell there only a $100 for 40 ounces of beads and anyone can spend that in a night of beer. The only reason why I some what support the idea because of the company I work for. I do admit the whole concept is a little off but the beads fill uneven spots in the tire while rotating and makes it even distribution of weight. But like I said I'm still on the fence.

I would really think about the noise thing, I'll try to get a video of it tonight on my wife's rig. Not an issue in my jeep, but I don't drive it often.

Skirmish

Every time they come up on a forum I try to search for a magazine or some link that has tested them and it doesn't seem any have. Don't know why but the only links I find are other forums with threads that usually start "do these things work?"

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
If I can get an alignment asap then maybe I'll have a real answer if these work or not. I know that when I had my fronts balanced by a shop it did nothing basically but they didnt do a full balance just static or something. The noise I only hear is when coming to a stop and it sounds like a rain stick but its not really that loud at all. I am running airsoft pellets tho.

Danny4652

Looks like they sell 20 ounce bags for $50 and need two of them, $100. Would only add 2.5lbs total. I'm sure spending $100 is well worth it having the tires last longer if you run your tires on the road. I have seen my friend's 37" tires with a crap load of weights on one side.

Just go online and google "ceramic air Soft beads". They are the same size and weight as dynabeads. I got enough to do 5 37's (total 50 ounces) for 38.00. No issues and you get use to the sound of the beads bouncing off the wheels when you come to a stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

MTG

Caught the Bug
He was seriously considering taking a tire off and then to a shop to show how well the beads worked.... That is ridiculous;
First, I don't think he was driving his way down to the tire store to be saved only by your post. Second, even if he was, you are criticizing him for wanting to test a theory somewhat objectively versus relying on the words from some internet cowboy who's company happens to use them? Yeah, you're right, THAT'S ridiculous. :crazyeyes:

and all from peer pressure. So LOL all you want... I believe I injected some sanity.

I do LOL all I want. Quite often actually. Especially at posts like yours. I'm glad you fancy yourself as some sort of savior of the internet forums by being the sane one. You should sleep well tonight. :yup:

Whether you or anyone believes the concept works there is a company testing and making a product that does.... my company uses these. Slightly different in application, but same concept.

A lot of companies do a lot of things for a lot of reasons. I know because I've represented quite a few. You know what often gets cited for the reason as to why something is done? "Because that's the way we've always done it." And in my view, that doesn't cut it.

I personally do not care whether they work or not. I am lucky enough to have a set of tires and rims that didn't need balanced, which is what I originally posted. But for you to come on here and criticize others for expressing their opinions, labeling it "peer pressure and ridicule," simply because it differs from your opinion, and then citing some anonymous company, in what is likely a completely different application, without any further explanation is just plain idiotic.

Oh and I LOL'd when I typed this. :crazyeyes:

DanMojo82

When I got my 35 Nitto Trail Grapplers mounted the shop couldnt get them to balance with standard weights without adding a crap load of em. So one of the guys asked me if I just wanted to do the beads, it wasn't dynabeads, same thing though, only $15 total per tire. They're quiet, never had problems with vibrations or anything even when I'm doing 75 on the freeway. :twocents:

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
Currently running Nitto trail grapplers on atx slabs. No weights, no magic beads no issues.

David1tontj

Ok. I took a video to show how noisy the airsoft beads are in my wife's rig. I took it to the parking lot that pisses her off the most and went about 14mph which is when they are just curling over and bounce off the rim. I'm sorry the video is upside down, but it's all about the audio anyway. Hope this helps!! Listen to the stop, that is the most common annoyance.
http://youtu.be/p8zYYYoMJIk

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
First, I don't think he was driving his way down to the tire store to be saved only by your post. Second, even if he was, you are criticizing him for wanting to test a theory somewhat objectively versus relying on the words from some internet cowboy who's company happens to use them? Yeah, you're right, THAT'S ridiculous. :crazyeyes:

I do LOL all I want. Quite often actually. Especially at posts like yours. I'm glad you fancy yourself as some sort of savior of the internet forums by being the sane one. You should sleep well tonight. :yup:

A lot of companies do a lot of things for a lot of reasons. I know because I've represented quite a few. You know what often gets cited for the reason as to why something is done? "Because that's the way we've always done it." And in my view, that doesn't cut it.

I personally do not care whether they work or not. I am lucky enough to have a set of tires and rims that didn't need balanced, which is what I originally posted. But for you to come on here and criticize others for expressing their opinions, labeling it "peer pressure and ridicule," simply because it differs from your opinion, and then citing some anonymous company, in what is likely a completely different application, without any further explanation is just plain idiotic.

Oh and I LOL'd when I typed this. :crazyeyes:

LOL!

Your a kingpin.

Top Bottom