Dynobeads: even tire wear

StrizzyChris

He was seriously considering taking a tire off and then to a shop to show how well the beads worked.... That is ridiculous; and all from peer pressure. So LOL all you want... I believe I injected some sanity.

I get it, your trying to stand up for the guy, but he's a big boy and no one is being an ass to him. Just like im not being an ass now and expressing a different opinion. I seriously hope he does and video tapes the machine and reading as he does it. This way he could post up the video to end the debate as to if it does or does not work. Hopefully he can post pre-bead reading and post bead readings.

Now I really want to take one of my tires down and have the tire shop put it on their balancer with the beads in it! Cause if I am wrong I won't have a problem admitting it, an my wife would love to not have that loud noise in the parking lots!! Haha. She's gonna kill me if the beads need to come out!

Let us know if you do do this and post up your findings :yup:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Ok. I took a video to show how noisy the airsoft beads are in my wife's rig. I took it to the parking lot that pisses her off the most and went about 14mph which is when they are just curling over and bounce off the rim. I'm sorry the video is upside down, but it's all about the audio anyway. Hope this helps!! Listen to the stop, that is the most common annoyance.
http://youtu.be/p8zYYYoMJIk

Wow, that would drive me freaking crazy.

David1tontj

Wow, that would drive me freaking crazy.

That's why I mentioned the loud noise in almost every post I've written! I'm not kidding!

And I haven't felt pier pressured either guys, I'm not that sensitive. It's just the myth buster inside of me wanting to know the truth! I'm laughing at all of this too! I hope we can figure something out, cause I could have been putting on my new front diff cover all this time!

2005 Tj, BDS long arm, d60hp front, 10.25 rear, 513s and lockers, f&r winches, 39.5" Iroks

mackey

Info from my own experience. I had a 2012 JKUR on 37 BFG KM2s on Raceline beadlocks. It was not until after I picked up my jeep from Jim's Tires in Simi Valley when I found out they put the beads in my tires. I didn't ask for them and knew nothing about them. They told me they use them on all tires 37s and bigger. I never heard the beads or had issues with them. I also never had balancing issues. Drove great. Just my 2 cents from having used them. I did like not having the weights attached so I will consider them again if balancing is an issue.

Army_Vet

Banned
First, I don't think he was driving his way down to the tire store to be saved only by your post. Second, even if he was, you are criticizing him for wanting to test a theory somewhat objectively versus relying on the words from some internet cowboy who's company happens to use them? Yeah, you're right, THAT'S ridiculous. :crazyeyes:

I do LOL all I want. Quite often actually. Especially at posts like yours. I'm glad you fancy yourself as some sort of savior of the internet forums by being the sane one. You should sleep well tonight. :yup:

A lot of companies do a lot of things for a lot of reasons. I know because I've represented quite a few. You know what often gets cited for the reason as to why something is done? "Because that's the way we've always done it." And in my view, that doesn't cut it.

I personally do not care whether they work or not. I am lucky enough to have a set of tires and rims that didn't need balanced, which is what I originally posted. But for you to come on here and criticize others for expressing their opinions, labeling it "peer pressure and ridicule," simply because it differs from your opinion, and then citing some anonymous company, in what is likely a completely different application, without any further explanation is just plain idiotic.

Oh and I LOL'd when I typed this. :crazyeyes:

Dumb, obviously you fail at reading comprehension... LOL:crazyeyes:

Army_Vet

Banned
I get it, your trying to stand up for the guy, but he's a big boy and no one is being an ass to him.

Im not standing up for him, He already believes in the product, what he was considering doing was for your(forum members) benefit only not his own.
All i was trying to do was stop him from trying to please others...

Army_Vet

Banned
But for you to come on here and criticize others for expressing their opinions, labeling it "peer pressure and ridicule," simply because it differs from your opinion, and then citing some anonymous company, in what is likely a completely different application, without any further explanation is just plain idiotic.

Show me where I criticized anyone for having a different opinion, and I will gladly apologise.... if you can't I would expect an apology from you for the accusation you made

pastorwug

Show me where I criticized anyone for having a different opinion, and I will gladly apologise.... if you can't I would expect an apology from you for the accusation you made

Comes down to this again? It's like you love being contrary for the sake of it alone.
And 0400 when you posted this? - I hope you were on Graveyard shift and weren't up all night just waiting to throw another log into this fire.
Lead a happier life, you'll live longer.

Army_Vet

Banned
Comes down to this again? It's like you love being contrary for the sake of it alone.
And 0400 when you posted this? - I hope you were on Graveyard shift and weren't up all night just waiting to throw another log into this fire.
Lead a happier life, you'll live longer.

I think you have me confused with someone else. And I didn't post it at 4. There is probably a time difference that is not being accounted for

Elusive

I have personally tried BB's and airsoft pellets 3 different times. beadlocks are hard to balance so I kept trying. they just never worked for me.. though the noise didn't bother me the tires jumping around on the freeway did.

jeeeep

Hooked
so back to the myth busting...I wonder if they are louder in the smaller tire because there is less room for the beads to travel during a rotation...and the bigger tires allow more room before the beads 'reset' giving them a pleasant 'rainstick' sound.

So on those late nights under the stars you can jack a wheel up and rotate it for the ambiance? :crazyeyes:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Dumb, obviously you fail at reading comprehension... LOL:crazyeyes:

I do. Repeatedly. Especially when reading drivel. My only hope is that maybe someday I'll be as smart and well educated as you. :thumb:

If you fail to see the critical nature of characterizing other people's opinions as "peer pressure or ridicule" simply because they differ from yours, then yes, I am sorry. Not in an "I've done something wrong" type of sorry, but rather in a "life must be very difficult for you when you are that dense" sort of way. ;)

I run the ceramic beads in my 37's as well as my big truck at work. In theory they work just like centramatics. Mine have been in my KM2's for almost 2 yrs and they still look great. I don't hear any noise from them mostly because my tires howl a bit anyway. Any other noise is drowned out by the wife and/or stereo.:thumbup:

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Army_Vet

Banned
If you fail to see the critical nature of characterizing other people's opinions as "peer pressure or ridicule" simply because they differ from yours, then yes, I am sorry. Not in an "I've done something wrong" type of sorry, but rather in a "life must be very difficult for you when you are that dense" sort of way. ;)
Where was your dog in this fight anyway?

All I was telling the guy was that he didn't need to prove anything to anybody here.

You had no opinion either way. You just feel the need to start drama with me for some reason. I told him people could have had poor experiences for many different reasons.
I don't know why you took that so personally. I didn't say you were ridiculing him. I didn't say anything about you, but for some reason you need to make it about you.

Either way he felt the need to prove something, that's proof alone of my statement. If you can't comprehend that. Try rereading the thread, if that doesn't help than I don't know what to tell you.

But quit making things personal that are not.... It will save us all some grief.

The personal attacks are also not needed here. Unless that is the only way you know how to deal with people; and in that case I will just have to accept that that is who you are...
Good day to ya

Last edited:

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
Or, maybe he just wanted to find out for himself.
I just find it absurd that you would try and stop someone from doing a little fact checking.

Army_Vet

Banned
Or, maybe he just wanted to find out for himself.
I just find it absurd that you would try and stop someone from doing a little fact checking.

Nobody tried to stop anybody from checking anything for themselves.... the guy was happy with them in his tires. He was going to show others so they would believe him....

Top Bottom