Dynobeads: even tire wear

Aeraun

First off, those beads are quite, quite load. And for whoever asked about the tire size in relation to the noise I'd say that makes some sense so you really may not hear it on our rigs, especially since we have heard testimony from others saying they didn't even know they had the beads put in. But no matter what if it works for you than it works for you.

As for this pissing contest, I am in no way taking sides but all I have to say is its all based on perception and perception is under the fog of war when reading internet posts. MTG, I can see Army_Vets point as the OP started this thread to find out information about these beads and your response was t get Nittos beads are useless more or less which isn't exactly what he was looking for. How would it look if you posted about Nittos and the OP said buy my tires and get beads. I can also see how Army_vet is passing an empty accusation on the whole peer pressure thing. So either way, come on guys. We are all on the same side here. There's enough nonsense outside our community. Let's just focus on the Wayalife here :-D

**disclaimer: none of this was in anyway a personal attack - I am not CombatvetJK.

David1tontj

I'm taking one of my 37s in tomorrow. Not a hassle, my truck has the 40s on it right now so I don't have to dismount or anything. Gonna video the test and post the results tomorrow night.

Not because of pier pressure, just cause I want to know for a fact. I'll keep you all posted!

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'm taking one of my 37s in tomorrow. Not a hassle, my truck has the 40s on it right now so I don't have to dismount or anything. Gonna video the test and post the results tomorrow night.

Not because of pier pressure, just cause I want to know for a fact. I'll keep you all posted!

If it wasn't the peer pressure, it must have been all the ridicule then right? :crazyeyes: :cheesy:

I cannot wait to hear the results, as I am now curious if they really work. Thanks for taking the time. :thumb:

David1tontj

Ok guys, I'm super disappointed, I took the tire down to my friends work for him to put it on the balancer... He ran the test, but the tire doesn't get up to enough of a speed to disperse the bbs. He said if it ran for 2 more seconds they would've dispersed. :( He took a video, but it is inconclusive, so I'm not gonna make him YouTube it. Sorry for getting your hopes up

David1tontj

Ok guys, I'm super disappointed, I took the tire down to my friends work for him to put it on the balancer... He ran the test, but the tire doesn't get up to enough of a speed to disperse the bbs. He said if it ran for 2 more seconds they would've dispersed. :( He took a video, but it is inconclusive, so I'm not gonna make him YouTube it. Sorry for getting your hopes up

This is my 37" with bbs after the inconclusive test. Because it didn't spin fast enough to disperse the bbs, it showed way off balance

Army_Vet

Banned
This is my 37" with bbs after the inconclusive test. Because it didn't spin fast enough to disperse the bbs, it showed way off balance

I figured it wouldn't get up to speed. Here is a demo vid showing the concept at work, Again this is not dynabeads, but it is the same concept/ same science executed in another way. These are what we use in the fleet I maintain.

What is your buddies take on the concept? Does he have any experience with the beads? Has he seen them work or not work?

David1tontj

I figured it wouldn't get up to speed. Here is a demo vid showing the concept at work, Again this is not dynabeads, but it is the same concept/ same science executed in another way. These are what we use in the fleet I maintain.

What is your buddies take on the concept? Does he have any experience with the beads? Has he seen them work or not work?

My buddy hasn't seen them much other than on my rig and my other friends rig, but when he called me after the failed test, he said he knows that they work because with this much weight in them, if they weren't working I would have a terrible vibration. He has ridden in my jeep and we've taken it up to 80+mph and its super smooth. He is a professional mechanic at the Chevy dealer in town and deals with diagnosing and fixing problems like that all the time.

Well, I am still a believer,
-I'll keep using them in my rig,
-I'll lose them in my wife's on her next set of tires simply because the noise. (However I think that the airsoft bbs are louder than the actual ones based on other people's comments)
-I don't think everyone will ever agree, but that is the way it goes sometimes

jeeeep

Hooked
if they showed that out of balance and you're not feeling it, they must be working. I hate it when they balance weights fall off, stick-ons not so much but still happens.

might be worth a try on the 37's I have on order - but may not need anything if what others say is true about Nitto and ATX combination...

thanks for posting results, it's a long weekend- time to get all these mods sitting in my living room on the Jeep! :beer:

USMCvet

Banned
I went to a driving range yesterday, yes golf. I bought 20 fine used gold balls and I'm going to try the internal balancing with the golf ball thing. We'll see how this plays out. I may regret it, but then again, I may not. At $.50 a ball, it sure beats the price of Dynabeads and the like.

Top Bottom