Dynomax JK Wrangler QuietCrawler Exhaust Installed on RUBICAT w/EVO Lever System

Yours is set up a bit nicer than mine is. Looks great!

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks man! It was fun welding it up. Although it will rarely be seen under the Jeep haha.

It has probably the best tone I’ve heard, for a 3.6 JK

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Totally. Having the benefit of this thread, I’ve never known any other aftermarket one. So glad to be rid of the smashed up clunky stock one. The new tone is great. Almost drowns out the chirping of my bent flange. Seriously though, perfect tone. Not too much, not too little. Highly recommend to all.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
IMG_1354.jpg

Only had this in for about 6 months and the factory weld broke, leaving a hole in the exhaust. Long story short, I welded the entire exhaust assembly before test fitting it (brilliant) and I clocked the first hanger a bit off. You can see, I just tack welded the hanger to the existing frame hanger because the rubber isolator wouldn’t fit. However, down by the evap can, I used a proper rubber isolator. Is that isolator needed so that the exhaust can give a little and have movement?! I thought the isolator was just an easy way to hang a pipe...

WJCO

Meme King
View attachment 352154

Only had this in for about 6 months and the factory weld broke, leaving a hole in the exhaust. Long story short, I welded the entire exhaust assembly before test fitting it (brilliant) and I clocked the first hanger a bit off. You can see, I just tack welded the hanger to the existing frame hanger because the rubber isolator wouldn’t fit. However, down by the evap can, I used a proper rubber isolator. Is that isolator needed so that the exhaust can give a little and have movement?! I thought the isolator was just an easy way to hang a pipe...

The exhaust is fixed to the motor rigidly whereas the hanger brackets are fixed to the frame. The motor/powertrain moves independently from the frame. So Accel and decel will move the motor/exhaust away from the frame. Without rubber hangers, shit will continue to break. It's the same reason that motor mounts have rubber built into them.

The exhaust is fixed to the motor rigidly whereas the hanger brackets are fixed to the frame. The motor/powertrain moves independently from the frame. So Accel and decel will move the motor/exhaust away from the frame. Without rubber hangers, shit will continue to break. It's the same reason that motor mounts have rubber built into them.

Judging by this break, that is what I was afraid of. Thanks for confirming. At least the hanger is off so I can reposition it[emoji38]

WJCO

Meme King
Judging by this break, that is what I was afraid of. Thanks for confirming. At least the hanger is off so I can reposition it[emoji38]

I worked at a custom exhaust shop for a few years. We had a customer with a custom hotrod that would return about once a month with a new exhaust break (work we had done). It was a real stumper for us. Ultimately it turned out his aftermarket motor mounts had almost no rubber in them. The hotrod shop built it so stiff that there was no give anywhere. The exhaust became a weak link during torquing I'll never forget it. Iirc, he had the mounts redone.

I worked at a custom exhaust shop for a few years. We had a customer with a custom hotrod that would return about once a month with a new exhaust break (work we had done). It was a real stumper for us. Ultimately it turned out his aftermarket motor mounts had almost no rubber in them. The hotrod shop built it so stiff that there was no give anywhere. The exhaust became a weak link during torquing I'll never forget it. Iirc, he had the mounts redone.

No shit...good experience right there. Thank you WJCO.

Alternatively, I could just leave it...you ever get pulled up on at a stop light at 2AM on the boulevard and a 2001 Chevy Avalanche with 9 inches of lift and 22 inch wheels flies past you in first gear. That’s what my Jeep sounds like.

This right here.
When we were heavily involved in ULTRA4 racing we would see exhaust issues like this often, those guys made everything so rigid.
Add an isolator and all should be betterer..er :beer:

This right here.
When we were heavily involved in ULTRA4 racing we would see exhaust issues like this often, those guys made everything so rigid.
Add an isolator and all should be betterer..er :beer:

Thanks Dynomax. Yea I figured it was an install error on my part.

Decided I didn’t like the ‘gaping hole sound’:
Adjustments.jpg

Damn nice beads.

Thanks dude[emoji106] The original plan was to take the exhaust off and weld it on the bench, but when I went to slide it off, I immediately gave up because it was so tight. So, I just welded everything overhead, hah.

Last edited:
Top Bottom