Editing my post to put a female emoji in its place doesn't leave much for speculation

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Are you making these comments as an outraged Forum Member based off the dissenting opinions I’ve expressed on how matters were handled, as notnalc68 cited, in Oct 2015 and now; or are you representing your position as a Forum Moderator and insist that I no longer participate?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'd say you got that, because you called out the man that hosts this forum, and pays for it, allowing you to use it free. Therefore, you are a guest of Wayoflife.

You've met people, using this forum, and I guess you like them. Why don't you stay out of these threads that occur, every once in a while? We don't need anyone to save us from ourselves. Tgoss had an issue with Wayalife, even though he was treated warmly, here. End of story.

If OverlanderJK wanted you gone really bad, he could certainly arrange it.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Are you making these comments as an outraged Forum Member based off the dissenting opinions I’ve expressed on how matters were handled, as notnalc68 cited, in Oct 2015 and now; or are you representing your position as a Forum Moderator and insist that I no longer participate?

Are you trying to self ban? Or you don’t know what fuck off means?

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
I'd say you got that, because you called out the man that hosts this forum, and pays for it, allowing you to use it free. Therefore, you are a guest of Wayoflife.

You've met people, using this forum, and I guess you like them. Why don't you stay out of these threads that occur, every once in a while? We don't need anyone to save us from ourselves. Tgoss had an issue with Wayalife, even though he was treated warmly, here. End of story.

If OverlanderJK wanted you gone really bad, he could certainly arrange it.

I have been thinking about it and you are absolutely 100% right on all fronts.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
And it's clear as day you are free to believe whatever it is you want to believe. I suppose it's a shame the half ass apology wasn't intended for you.

Ummm, that's because I never felt like I got the "heartfelt" apology I was asking for. In hindsight, I see now that I shouldn't have given him so many chances.

Right, because it's clear as day that a bigger man would go on an internet forum to self-righteously preach at others about what they should accept and do. Thank you so much for being today's mature forum messiah. :rolleyes2:

I owe you an apology. As is far too common in today's society, I had the knee jerk reaction to think that some injustice was done without carefully considering the facts at matter.

Though I had conviction in my opinion at the time, broaching my grievance publicly was uncouth and immature.

Additionally, I see now I may have allowed outside noise to impact my perception of what I was reading. It is now obvious that just as easy as it is to misinterpret someone's sarcasm in dialogue online, it can be easy to misconstrue someone's lack of sincerity as well. I should not infer a conclusion when parties are involved that I don't personally know, I am sorry for doing so.

(The absolute extreme irony of my apologizing in a thread where I wrongly questioned your ability to accept an apology is not lost on me)

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I owe you an apology. As is far too common in today's society, I had the knee jerk reaction to think that some injustice was done without carefully considering the facts at matter.

Though I had conviction in my opinion at the time, broaching my grievance publicly was uncouth and immature.

Additionally, I see now I may have allowed outside noise to impact my perception of what I was reading. It is now obvious that just as easy as it is to misinterpret someone's sarcasm in dialogue online, it can be easy to misconstrue someone's lack of sincerity as well. I should not infer a conclusion when parties are involved that I don't personally know, I am sorry for doing so.

(The absolute extreme irony of my apologizing in a thread where I wrongly questioned your ability to accept an apology is not lost on me)

Fair enough. It's all water under the bridge. :cool:

notnalc68

I have been thinking about it and you are absolutely 100% right on all fronts.

No hard feelings, here. Truthfully, and I think I can speak for Wayoflife, too, I wish these types of threads did not occur. They do, however, so we move them to The Infirmary. Unfortunately, on the mobile app, they still show at the top of the feed.

tgoss

Ok so to the question - Looking at the pics - it looks like my lower ball joints are really exposed to some damage. Did I make the wrong choice in wheel ? Im pretty sure Ive seen this combo on a few other jeeps - thought Evo had a jeep like this and also thinking TGoss had this same combo. If its an issue, man its going to be a pain in the ass to correct - take some worries away and tell me its all good :)

I have trail ready's but you are correct, they are the same back spacing and lots of others run the same spec on those axles. They are vulnerable and like Eddie said you'll likely yank the zerks out or replace them with a low profile version. However, like all dynatrac products, they take good abuse so if you are concerned you can breathe easy:

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have trail ready's but you are correct, they are the same back spacing and lots of others run the same spec on those axles. They are vulnerable and like Eddie said you'll likely yank the zerks out or replace them with a low profile version. However, like all dynatrac products, they take good abuse so if you are concerned you can breathe easy:

Long time no see. Not trying to be an ass but as I recall, I never did get the apology from you that I was asking for. While I'd be more than happy to have you back on my website, it seems like that's the least you could do before posting away like nothing happened.

notnalc68

Any problems with these wheels and the PR60 ? Ball joints look vulnerable

Tgoss glad to see you back. Just to confirm 1/4x28 is the correct thread?

You’re back? I hope I’m not getting off topic. You once said, “These guys like to get off topic, quickly.”

Edit: Here it is.....

BCB these guys like to get off topic quickly. Just know that there are plenty of good options out there for narrow width steel....

RSQCON

For those needing replacement zerks I found an email correspondence from Dynatrac that confirms they are 1/4x28 and use red Timken synthetic wheel bearing/suspension grease. Looks like Tgoss's recommendation was correct.

tgoss

Long time no see. Not trying to be an ass but as I recall, I never did get the apology from you that I was asking for.

Hi Eddie, not trying to be an ass myself. I actually recall typing out 4 or 5 apologies. Unfortunately, none of them were were formulated with the exact letters in a configuration you found acceptable. I'm unsure how to apologize any differently other than a concise and clear "I'm sorry".

While I'd be more than happy to have you back on my website, it seems like that's the least you could do before posting away like nothing happened.

Funny, and here I was just thinking how unfortunate it is that you're still here.

Contradicting, lol.... Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Wasn’t this about ball joint.......

LOL.

Tgoss glad to see you back. Just to confirm 1/4x28 is the correct thread?

Not back, just wanted to help someone who had questioned something that I could help with and mentioned my name. But yes, that's what you can replace them with.

notnalc68

Hi Eddie, not trying to be an ass myself. I actually recall typing out 4 or 5 apologies. Unfortunately, none of them were were formulated with the exact letters in a configuration you found acceptable. I'm unsure how to apologize any differently other than a concise and clear "I'm sorry".

LOL.

Not back, just wanted to help someone who had questioned something that I could help with and mentioned my name. But yes, that's what you can replace them with.

How about staying gone, this time.

JAGS

Hooked

You've more than "tried." You've pretty achieved ass status in showing back up.

Eddie made it pretty damn clear what "words" he'd like for you to use. You may not like it, fine. You had two choices. State what eddie asked or simply go away.

I don't recall a third option which was go away for a bit and return to act like nothing happened. Did you think the rest of here would simply forget?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Eddie, not trying to be an ass myself. I actually recall typing out 4 or 5 apologies. Unfortunately, none of them were were formulated with the exact letters in a configuration you found acceptable.

As I said, I never got the apology from you that I was asking for. That is not the same thing as the half ass apology that you believe should be good enough.

I'm unsure how to apologize any differently other than a concise and clear "I'm sorry".

That's because you lack humility and aren't really sorry. But hey, that's totally cool by me. However, you're kidding yourself if you really think your presence is welcome here again just because you've been gone for a while.

Ummm, I know you're a little self-obsessed but as hard as it may be to believe, I wasn't directing that comment to you. :naw:
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yourself. ;)

tgoss

As I said, I never got the apology from you that I was asking for. That is not the same thing as the half ass apology that you believe should be good enough.

How could an apology be genuine if you script it verbatim from the person you are theoretically apologizing to?

That's because you lack humility and aren't really sorry. But hey, that's totally cool by me.

Bold statement. Maybe it is you who lacks a bit of of the same. :thinking:

However, you're kidding yourself if you really think your presence is welcome here again just because you've been gone for a while.

I'm not kidding anyone and no offense but I couldn't care any less if a world wide web based forum welcomes me with warm arms or not. I responded to someone who was inquisitive about something regarding my rig... Moving that post to the peanut gallery because you and I don't see eye to eye on how the words "I'm sorry" are supposed to be said is a point for my reasoning to believe the above, but hey, that's totally cool by me too.

Ummm, I know you're a little self-obsessed but as hard as it may be to believe, I wasn't directing that comment to you. :naw:
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yourself. ;)

Aww, thanks :blush: Not hard to believe at all, thanks for clearing it up. Easy to read it that way how you quoted it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How could an apology be genuine if you script it verbatim from the person you are theoretically apologizing to?

:sigh: Being that you are completely incapable of coming up with a genuine apology all on your own, I scripted an apology in a sincere attempt to help you out. Clearly, your unwillingness to do even that much is proof of how prideful and unapologetic your heart really is.

Bold statement. Maybe it is you who lacks a bit of of the same. :thinking:

Ummm, of course it's a bold statement, this is after all, MY HOUSE. :rolleyes2:

I'm not kidding anyone and no offense but I couldn't care any less if a world wide web based forum welcomes me with warm arms or not.

LOL!! You'll forgive me but this isn't just any forum on the world wide web, it's MY FORUM and your ability to use it at all is a privilege. Your welcome here exists only so long as I extend it to you.

I responded to someone who was inquisitive about something regarding my rig... Moving that post to the peanut gallery because you and I don't see eye to eye on how the words "I'm sorry" are supposed to be said is a point for my reasoning to believe the above, but hey, that's totally cool by me too.

Funny, you make it sound like you have some kind of god given right to respond on my forum. Also, in spite of what you've chosen to assume yet again, I didn't move your posts. But hey, I know that's how you roll.

Aww, thanks :blush: Not hard to believe at all, thanks for clearing it up. Easy to read it that way how you quoted it.

LOL!! And once again, it all comes back to me. Clearly, everything is always my fault.

BTW, here's another bit of scripted advice - get off your computer, spend more time with your family and have a Happy Thanksgiving. :yup:

Top Bottom