Evo 3 inch lift opinions?

sm31

Stage 1 vs. Stage 2

Is pinion angle adjustability a critical component in this situation? I am guessing since EVO offers a Stage 1 Enforcer kit without the rear arms, it is possible to safely and reliably operate without that adjustability... within the confines of the Enforcer kit.

What conditions would lead to the need to adjust my rear pinion angle without exceeding 3" of lift? I have been looking at the Stage 2 kit but was wondering what the advantages are (besides stronger, adjustable RUCA's) compared to the Stage 1 option. Thanks!!

VMSHack

Truthfully, you COULD run 35s with no lift at all, see this thread: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/11064-35-s-and-no-lift

However, it's not ideal. With that being said, the closer you keep it to stock height, the better your steering angles are, your control arms angles are, and you don't have to worry about adjusting caster nor a new front driveshaft. Honestly, IMO, if you can lift it 2 to 2.5 inches, it will be perfect for 35s and save you a lot of money and headaches.

Any recommendations on a 2-2.5 lift, seems Evo is pretty solid but smallest they have is 3 in, or the level kit, I am also working my way up to 35’s. With the level kit it is a 2 inch in the front I believe, will that fit 35’s? Next tire change was thinking about the level kit and 33’s. I have a stock Rubicon right now, and want to start modifying a little since I have recently paid it off.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Any recommendations on a 2-2.5 lift, seems Evo is pretty solid but smallest they have is 3 in, or the level kit, I am also working my way up to 35’s. With the level kit it is a 2 inch in the front I believe, will that fit 35’s? Next tire change was thinking about the level kit and 33’s. I have a stock Rubicon right now, and want to start modifying a little since I have recently paid it off.

Check this thread out, it's a recent one: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/50273-Advice-on-lift

We have the EVO leveling kit on ours now with 33s. We will definitely do 35s when they wear out, as there is plenty of room. We did trim fenders though. The leveling kit comes with a rear spacer that is .750" and new front springs. We did a before and after measurement and actually gained 2.5" in the front and it really did level out the vehicle perfectly.

VMSHack

Check this thread out, it's a recent one: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/50273-Advice-on-lift

We have the EVO leveling kit on ours now with 33s. We will definitely do 35s when they wear out, as there is plenty of room. We did trim fenders though. The leveling kit comes with a rear spacer that is .750" and new front springs. We did a before and after measurement and actually gained 2.5" in the front and it really did level out the vehicle perfectly.

Cool thanks, I am new here, and new to learning about modifying my jeep. Everyone here is always so helpful. I really appreciate it

sm31

I apologize if this has already been addressed... I couldn't find it.

Does the Enforcer kit "level" the vehicle, or do I need to use a leveling kit in addition to the lift? Thanks!

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I apologize if this has already been addressed... I couldn't find it.

Does the Enforcer kit "level" the vehicle, or do I need to use a leveling kit in addition to the lift? Thanks!

Should be fairly level, but it always depends on how your jeep is outfitted.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

I know when you do the standard enforcer kit you take the rear sway links and move them to the front, but do you do the same with a drag link flip kit? it seems like the sway bars are now too long?

Clutch

Caught the Bug
What not moving rear to fronts or using stock fronts with flip kit?

You should move the rears to the front and then get longer rears. Draglink shouldn’t necessitate a shorter front. However, if you installed Rockstars, then the rears would be about the same length as the stock rear links.

I hope that made sense.

JKbrick

You should move the rears to the front and then get longer rears. Draglink shouldn’t necessitate a shorter front. However, if you installed Rockstars, then the rears would be about the same length as the stock rear links.

I hope that made sense.

I don’t have it but doesn’t the EVO drag link flip raise the lower mounting point of the front sway bar links?

Skeeterbait

I don’t have it but doesn’t the EVO drag link flip raise the lower mounting point of the front sway bar links?

Looking at the parts spread on EVO's website, yes.

My lift and flipkit came together.

You move the stock rear links to the front and the kit comes with new ones for the rear.

MericaMade

Ok so my rear sways that I moved to the front are only about 2 inches from the front coil bucket.

It would seem that the stock short front sways would work better with the draglink flip kit that raises the lower sway link?

I'm trying to post pictures but phone is giving me issues.

Last edited:

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Ok so my rear sways that I moved to the front are only about 2 inches from the front coil bucket.

It would seem that the stock short front sways would work better with the draglink flip kit that raises the lower sway link?

I'm trying to post pictures but phone is giving me issues.

I don’t think it would be a problem to test out the shorter front links, but you’ll want to cycle the suspension to make sure the sway bar doesn’t flip over bending the links and causing other issues.

Do you have a rubi with push button sway bar disconnect? If not, you may be fine, assuming you plan to disconnect the front sway bar when you expect to articulate when off-roading.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Yep, looks good. You may have some witness marks on the passenger side when you wheel but it will be fine.

VMSHack

Sorry to push up an older thread, but I may be coming into some money for the Evo 3”. I recently bout 255/75r17 cooper stt pros any pics of 3” lift on 32’s? I know it’s silly but want to know if it’s worth getting the lift before new tires are worn out

Top Bottom