EVO bolt on coil over vs EVO DTD vs ?

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
The Trail 60 is only available for the rear axle and it is a good option if you're trying to save some money. Being that you plan on running 37's, a PR44 will do the job well up front. I personally would not recommend running 38's if only because it's an odd size and harder to find a spare in a pinch.

I would not do this being that your front will be able to significantly out perform your rear and you will be wanting to upgrade your rear the first time you take your Jeep out. IF anything, I would do bolt on up front and EVO lever in the rear as the rear bolt on coil overs do not offer as much travel as the fronts as is.

This is absolutely the way I would go. DTD brackets and EVO lever with just single coil overs. In fact, I have done it in the past and it is still a better setup than the bolt on coil overs. If you decide to upgrade later, all you have to do is add on the bypass shocks to complete the kit but, you may find it not necessary to do.

Honestly, being that you live in TX and don't really know what you want, I would seriously consider this route if for no other reason than the fact that you are working on a budget. IF you decide you want better later down the road, the bolt on kit is reversible and you can always sell it to help fund your next upgrade. But, if I could guess, you'll be happy with just the bolt on kit.

Thanks this helps. Pricing the whole thing and pulling the trigger next week.

turbineguy

Thanks this helps. Pricing the whole thing and pulling the trigger next week.

Which specific option are you pricing?

PR44 Front
TR44 *TR60 Rear
BO CO's Front
Lever (w/o bypass) Rear

Is this correct?

I would be interested in how it works for you when you do get it.

Last edited:

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Which exhaust relocation are you going to go with?

I already installed a custom setup using a Magnaflow muffler. It dumps by the factory drivers side control arm skid. I may need to shorten the pipe but that can be done in a few minutes. I started a thread late last week with pictures of my setup.

turbineguy

I already installed a custom setup using a Magnaflow muffler. It dumps by the factory drivers side control arm skid. I may need to shorten the pipe but that can be done in a few minutes. I started a thread late last week with pictures of my setup.

I just realized you were the same dude who started that post about the custom quiet exhaust. I literally bookmarked it last week, and was planning on going down to my local shop to see how much it would be to duplicate once I got back from my job here in Korea.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Got some numbers including labor back from my installer. Looking good so far EXCEPT I am starting to think it may be difficult to put off the Trail 60's. How much welding is actually required for the levers in the back? I wanted to do the PR44's in the front along with the DTD front right out of the gate because of all the welding. Didn't think the same applies to the rear. Am I wrong?

GCM 2

..... Didn't think the same applies to the rear. Am I wrong?

Yes. There is the welding of the cantilever heim joint brackets to the axle, the EVO lever subframe that the cantilevers and the coilovers are connected to needs to be welded to the rear frame of the jeep.....and the EVO high clearance control arm brackets (needed to run the EVO lever) must be welded to the axle, as well as the rear track bar brackets also needing to be welded to the axle.

This is not a simple bolt on system you are considering, there is a metric shit ton of labor cost to install a full front and rear Double Throw Down correctly.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is not a simple bolt on system you are considering, there is a metric shit ton of labor cost to install a full front and rear Double Throw Down correctly.

What he said ^^^. You get what you pay for but it ain't cheap if you can't do your own welding.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Yes. There is the welding of the cantilever heim joint brackets to the axle, the EVO lever subframe that the cantilevers and the coilovers are connected to needs to be welded to the rear frame of the jeep.....and the EVO high clearance control arm brackets (needed to run the EVO lever) must be welded to the axle, as well as the rear track bar brackets also needing to be welded to the axle.

Fack. Sounds like I need to double throw down some axles too.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Well it's done. Gave Drew a call this afternoon and gave him my Amex to order the whole enchilada. Evo long arm and full F&R DTD's and pr44 front and trail60 rear, rear air bumps along with a laundry list of other evo parts. 6-8 weeks for the parts to get here. The endless wait begins now.

Top Bottom